Cell Service Providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    Only thing that pisses me off, is to get a good deal on a phone they want you to finance it. My Pixel XL still works like a champ, although the 2 XL is starting to grow on me.
    If you don't need water "proofing", do yourself a favor and nab a 3a XL. I average 7hrs screen ON time, 2ish days of use. If I'm at the casa(on weefee), 9hrs of screen on time is not unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Only thing that pisses me off, is to get a good deal on a phone they want you to finance it. My Pixel XL still works like a champ, although the 2 XL is starting to grow on me.
      Hell I was still rocking a Galaxy S4 until it finally succumbed to the bitter cold Colorado winter (condensation) in February. I'm now using a craigslist Galaxy S7 that I paid 80 bucks for.

Comment

Ive been on Straight talk for years. $48 a month unlimited. Works awesome. I can stream radio stations inside a metal building at work while my co-workers can't get a signal.

Comment

I’m sick of ATT. They put me on their ‘Unified Billing’ for my phone and DirecTV. But after I cancelled DTV, they screwed up everything and I cant get a bill electronically or on paper. I’ve called at least a dozen times and they’ve put in work orders to fix it but it never gets fixed.

I would jump to Verizon but they have no cell towers in my area,,,, yet. They just got approval from the city for one down the street. ATT’s days are numbered.

Comment

T-mobile unlimited data 70 a month including tax. I have no issues and I go all over

Comment

cricket for 5 years now, pay 40$ a month. Best decision i have ever made in that regards. Will never go back to major company with contracts etc.

Comment

Verizon. Awesome coverage and unlimited @ 35/mo (minimum of 4 lines under a business). Can't beat it imo.
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I don't know where/how some of you guys are getting the Verizon rates you have. Has to be multiple lines. The 4GB plan for me is $70/mo, not $40; because I only need one line. Unlimited with Verizon is over $120/mo.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

After reading all of this. Boy..Do I feel like an asshole.

I never had a problem with AT&T service, but did have some issues with their billing dept. Then again, it's just a phone call. And you do realize there is a retention dept. Their job is to be yes men and make changes or add "discounts" to keep you as a customer and ameliorate the situation(your dissatisfaction) I've had what is now At&T for 19 years since I was a wet behind the ears Circuit Designer for the now Defunct CoServ in Corinth. I think it was Cingular when I first got on board through a employee program that included a free phone. Well, a couple of name changes later it's AT&T that everybody hates. I get good customer service and solid coverage. Used daily for years at various locations. Even get service inside of a Central Office switch. The only time I lost service is when me and wife were at a BFE remote bed & breakfast in Llano in the Texas Hill country. And one time on hwy. 37 going into to Idabel before hitting 259 North heading into Broken Bow. And there is one really bizarre neighborhood in Trophy club where I can't anything. Literally just like a two block area. And the rest is fine. No clue what that's about?

However, I do understand the grievances that some people have with them. I pay $85/month for Unlimited talk/text with a 2.9GB data rollover for 2 lines. Works for me. Until that changes, then I'll be looking elsewhere for sure. My current dual sim international J5 Duos has been from here to Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Ironically, the the only areas I have problems with are a few spots in Texas.
                    Last edited by LS1Goat; 11-16-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      After reading all of this. Boy..Do I feel like an asshole.

Oh, well. Zero fucks given.

I never had a problem with AT&T service, but did have some issues with their billing dept. Then again, it's just a phone call. And you do realize there is a retention dept. Their job is to be yes men and make changes or add "discounts" to keep you as a customer and ameliorate the situation(your dissatisfaction) I've had what is now At&T for 19 years since I was a wet behind the ears Circuit Designer for the now Defunct CoServ in Corinth. I think it was Cingular when I first got on board through a employee program that included a free phone. Well, a couple of name changes later it's AT&T that everybody hates. I get good customer service and solid coverage. Used daily for years at various locations. Even get service inside of a Central Office switch. The only time I lost service is when me and wife were at a BFE remote bed & breakfast in Llano in the Texas Hill country. And one time on hwy. 37 going into to Idabel before hitting 259 North heading into Broken Bow. And there is one really bizarre neighborhood in Trophy club where I can't anything. Literally just like a two block area. And the rest is fine. No clue what that's about?

However, I do understand the grievances that some people have with them. I pay $85/month for Unlimited talk/text with a 2.9GB data rollover for 2 lines. Works for me. Until that changes, then I'll be looking elsewhere for sure. My current dual sim international J5 Duos has been from here to Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Ironically, the the only areas I have problems with are a few spots in Texas.

For me, it's not so much the service with AT&T. Customer service is my issue. They suck big giant donkey dicks on the phone, they suck in stores, etc. They are rude, they are not solution oriented, and they don't give two flying fucks about fixing any issue I've ever had.

I was with Cingular when they were bought out, so I've seen the changes first hand over the years. 1) They won't sell you a phone outright. You HAVE to finance it. Fucking ignorant. 2) I have an apple watch, the GPS/Cellular version, that AT&T can't seem to figure out how to "add a line" to our company plan FOR A FUCKING YEAR NOW. This isn't an issue with my employer saying no. This is 100% the window lickers at AT&T not being able to figure out how to add a line to the company plan (25+ users).

My voicemail has NEVER worked properly since it became AT&T. I can't record and save a "custom greeting". This has been true regardless of phone manufacturer, the entire decade plus I've been with AT&T.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                        Verizon. Awesome coverage and unlimited @ 35/mo (minimum of 4 lines under a business). Can't beat it imo.
                        Yup I have 16 lines with them for my business. Only places I've had issues with coverage is south Texas and between Eden and Frederickburg.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          For me, it's not so much the service with AT&T. Customer service is my issue. They suck big giant donkey dicks on the phone, they suck in stores, etc. They are rude, they are not solution oriented, and they don't give two flying fucks about fixing any issue I've ever had.

I was with Cingular when they were bought out, so I've seen the changes first hand over the years. 1) They won't sell you a phone outright. You HAVE to finance it. Fucking ignorant. 2) I have an apple watch, the GPS/Cellular version, that AT&T can't seem to figure out how to "add a line" to our company plan FOR A FUCKING YEAR NOW. This isn't an issue with my employer saying no. This is 100% the window lickers at AT&T not being able to figure out how to add a line to the company plan (25+ users).

My voicemail has NEVER worked properly since it became AT&T. I can't record and save a "custom greeting". This has been true regardless of phone manufacturer, the entire decade plus I've been with AT&T.
                          Hey, I agree with on you on the customer service issue. Especially, regarding their billing dept.

My tip...I buy all my phones carrier unlocked off amazon. Much..much cheaper. I just tell them I got a new phone and need to get it up and running. I carry over the same micro sim card and they just want to know the new IMEI number. And I get it going that way. Screw financing a new phone through the carrier.
                          Again, I do understand the frustration people experience. For some odd reason, my stuff works pretty good over AT&T. Or whatever they call themselves now.
                          Last edited by LS1Goat; 11-13-2019, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I don't think many will dispute the service quality/coverage w/ATT or VZW, it's their shitty treatment of customers and seeming compulsion to un-ass every penny possible from the customers w/out providing ANY more value or benefit to them.

Before I left ATT, I found articles about them doin focus groups to see how they could pare down the qty of service(data/mins, etc), charge more for said pared down services and still make the customer feel like they were getting better value than had they stayed on the plan they were being sold on.

They're the devil and I would go w/out before giving them another penny.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                              Yup I have 16 lines with them for my business. Only places I've had issues with coverage is south Texas and between Eden and Frederickburg.
                              They're excellent; can't believe I waited so long to switch. They instantly fix any issue I present them with as well.
                              Originally posted by Buzzo
                              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                I don't know where/how some of you guys are getting the Verizon rates you have. Has to be multiple lines. The 4GB plan for me is $70/mo, not $40; because I only need one line. Unlimited with Verizon is over $120/mo.
                                VZ is only worth it with family plans. I just got ours lowered last month to $336.01 for 7 lines. Was previously paying $365

Comment

Working...
                                X