Python

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python

Figured some of the python fans might take interest in this. Gun stories on the outdoor channel today will be about the Python.

Michael Bane and Cory Trapp talk about the Colt Python featured in Gun Stories Season 4 – Episode 5.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Sweet, is this a TV show? The video on the page is only 3 min?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yeah its a 30 min show tgey do every week. It's in the third season I think. It's all filmed at gun site and the slow motion futage is good.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        Yeah its a 30 min show tgey do every week. It's in the third season I think. It's all filmed at gun site and the slow motion futage is good.
        Nice, I'd like to see it. Is it ever available online?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Will they show the dead parrot sketch?
          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I have no idea I dvr it every week. It actually comes on Wednesday not Thursday apparently my days are all mixed up. One of them this season was the A5 and it was awesome. I never knew winchester tried to make one similar but to get around the patent you charged the action by pushing the barrel like the a5 does in recoil.

Comment

speaking of pythons, I was playing around on Gunbroker and WOW. pythons have gone up.

I saw one in Vernon, TX gunshop last week with a bit of wear on the bluing for $1100. The rest of the guns in the store were $100-150 higher than they should have been so I kept on walking....maybe I should have grabbed that python?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                speaking of pythons, I was playing around on Gunbroker and WOW. pythons have gone up.

I saw one in Vernon, TX gunshop last week with a bit of wear on the bluing for $1100. The rest of the guns in the store were $100-150 higher than they should have been so I kept on walking....maybe I should have grabbed that python?
                lol yes, you should have bought that gun. I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Colt will reblue a python for $270 last time I checked.
                Last edited by CJ; 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post

It really surprises me that Vernon has 2 half as decent gun shops. I've gone a few times for reloading supplies.

Comment

Ill never understand why everyone gets so worked up over pythons. There not that special IMO... and yes. We have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeruti View Post
                      Ill never understand why everyone gets so worked up over pythons. There not that special IMO... and yes. We have one.
                      Who is we? If you don't understand it I wouldn't worry yourself over them. I'd be interested in picking up that boring unremarkable gun from you.

Comment

I just meant people in general. Why they being so much money. Don't get me wrong, They are beautiful guns. Ours is a 6 inch nickle. We (my parents in the early 90s) Picked it up for like 700 bucks. And now every time we take it somewhere we have to hear someone tell me it's a 2000+ dollor handgun. I just laugh and say it's a shooter.

Comment

I just meant people in general. Why they being so much money. Don't get me wrong, They are beautiful guns. Ours is a 6 inch nickle. We (my parents in the early 90s) Picked it up for like 700 bucks. And now every time we take it somewhere we have to hear someone tell me it's a 2000+ dollor handgun. I just laugh and say it's a shooter.
                          They are widely regarded as the finest production revolver ever made. They have exceptional triggers, the silkiest double action I've ever felt, probably one of the best finishes I've ever seen, and they are incredibly accurate. Not to mention they were always an elite custom pistol, and very expensive since their debut in 1955, they were never cheap at any time. You mention your parents paid $700 for that python in 1990. Well, adjusted for inflation that's $2,024 today. So chances are your parents heard it was a $700 handgun every time they took it out as well.
                          Last edited by CJ; 07-31-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I have an 8 inch blued finish with less than 10 rounds down the pipe. It was my dad's, he bought it for $250 in the early 80's and hardly fired it. It's a beautiful gun.

Comment

I bet that Python has had a hard life.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X