Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    And it would still be way off.

To come close to Python quality you really need a Korth, Janz, or Manurhin.
    I've seen one smith that rivals the python and I own it. I had to get in touch with smith about the odd way it was stamped with serial number and a k everywhere. They informed me that it was a pre model 19 that was a special custom order before they ever offered the 357 in a k frame.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I remember going to gun shows with my dad years ago and drooling over the pythons and anacondas I'd see on the tables. He never owned one and neither have I. If the price was right on a 4"-6" stainless/nickel Python I would be interested, otherwise I'll stick to my 4"SP101 and 4" GP100...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
        I'll just enjoy my pre lock 686+ over here with the peasants.
        L-frame stainless guns are for peasants. Rare pre-lock N-frames, or GTFO.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The best smith I own is a Model 29 original run. It is a great gun.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            The best smith I own is a Model 29 original run. It is a great gun.
            My 57 is good but not near as good as the k frame or python but there aren't a hole lot of options out there in 41 mag.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              L-frame stainless guns are for peasants. Rare pre-lock N-frames, or GTFO.
              Look at you!

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                The owner has some he wants you to look at.
                The owner selling?

Comment

Somebody do it:

"This gun makes the Colt Python feel like a Charter Arms."
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Lol, I sure would like to feel a korth.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      Somebody do it:

"This gun makes the Colt Python feel like a Charter Arms."

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        lol yes, you should have bought that gun. I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Colt will reblue a python for $270 last time I checked.
                        Well, it was at George's guns in Vernon, TX It said Python on the price tag but honestly didn't look at it that close as it looked like a duty weapon for many years, or something that sat in a glovebox for 30 years rattling around. Not sure about much more than "Python. $1100".

Sort of makes me want to go back and look closer.....but that isn't going to happen.

Comment

Time for a bit of a road trip methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                            The owner selling?
                            Always.

Comment

I just called George's. It is $1100.

Comment

ah, one of your bastards beat me to it I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X