City/county military equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City/county military equipment

Ever wonder what all your county or city entity as gotten from the feds? Have a little look by county.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

I wonder what they need ghillie suits for in Tarrant County? I guess so they can look cool when rolling around in their two MRAPS.

Comment

Up in Gainesville we have a $700k mine resistant vehicle.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Dallas Co loaded up with 9 pages of shit. Those GREEDY motherfuckers.

Comment

I figured Dallas would be more we have 16 here in Wichita. Several vehicles from mrap to truck. One thing is a laser rangefinder/ target designator that cost 100k.

Comment

LOL. I guess Grayson county has all they need already...only got two 7.62mm rifles.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

So these things are sold/given to these departments for as cheap as can be.
              What would people rather have done with them? Torn down and scrapped, or sold to other government entities?
              Hell, I know half the people here would probably like to see the public given the option to buy them, but then what would the police have that could counter that?
              sigpic

Comment

The only thing the receiving entity pays for is delivery and up keep.

Comment

I don't see a lot of the equipment in Ferguson on the actual St. Louis list:
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I figured Kaufman would have gotten more than just 13 .45 pistols, 13 5.56 rifles, and 9 pairs of binoculars.
                    92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                      Up in Gainesville we have a $700k mine resistant vehicle.
                      Same here WTF... $733k

Makes me question the accuracy of this
                      WH

Comment

7 .45 pistols in Delta. I'm okay with that.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          So these things are sold/given to these departments for as cheap as can be.
                          What would people rather have done with them? Torn down and scrapped, or sold to other government entities?
                          Hell, I know half the people here would probably like to see the public given the option to buy them, but then what would the police have that could counter that?
                          I don't think police should have military equipment. They shouldn't be allowed to have anything we are not.

Comment

That's at least a bit refreshing, Erath county hasn't gotten anything from the military, according to that list.

Comment

Tarrant county since 2006 has spent $1,895,836.95 that's not including the All Terrain Vehicles since there's not price on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X