Deer hunting 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer hunting 2015

Figured it was time to start our yearly deer hunting thread. Just started checking cameras and obviously need to trim some bush up but was very pleased to have a few pictures of this guy.

Last edited by dee; 09-07-2015, 08:31 AM.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Looking good!
    "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
    East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
    https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

God damned raccoons!

Comment

He will be a good shooter in another year or two.

Some good genes to keep around for a couple more breeding cycles...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post

He won't last that long.

Comment

Someone beat me!

This should be a good season for us in Kansas. Good cover etc. I don't have anything good on camera but have watched a 160 plus in my alfalfa fields the past two nights. Hopefully more move in.

I'll be shooting my doe on public this year. Our herd size by the house is in bad shape. I haven't shot a doe here since 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post

He's about 5yr old from looking and talking to others. He is strange on the right side but beat either way. Hoping to get pictures of him hard horned soon.

Comment

That can't be a 5yo deer... Looks 3yo tops, based on neck vs body size... I could be wrong, and probably am... That is a trophy, no matter the age, where I hunt...
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

He's much bigger bodied than 3yr old deer in the area. Also has a sagging stomach thicker neck brisket area and more muscle in the neck area. Also keep in mind that despite the abundance of vegetation in the photo we were in a record setting drought until the last month and a half.

Comment

first mature deer i have on cam this year. Its a bad year for me except this guy. Some more will move in my other spots im sure.

Comment

I have three or four bucks showing up right now and one or two doe. Just hope I get them to stay around. Also have about a dozen coons showing up every night about 10:30 or 11 and of course the one night I go out there to kill a few of them they didn't show; camera showed they finaloy showed at 3am after I left that night.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Anyone have any luck this morning? Had a couple sneak up behind me then spoke off

Comment

I went out to my place in east Texas and pulled some pictures. Nothing special but figured I would post a couple. Only a couple small bucks and a spike and a few doe. Nothing close to the ones posted above but I have never seen one even close to that size on my place.

And This camera had fallen and point almost straight down and caught this guy. I dont have a DR. Pepper can set up so posted a doe for a size comparison from the same camera.

Comment

I haven't even been in the stand yet. My dad went Sunday, he saw a few doe and a pig that was just a touch out of range. I have a shooting match this weekend so it'll be another week or so before I get out.

Comment

Couple videos I shot over the weekend at my place in East Texas. Videos are kinda shaky but hard to hold a camera still when zoomed in and I don't own a tripod.. yet.

First is a nice looking 8pt about a 1000 feet away. The video is really short because my camera card was full. Lesson Learned

This one is a about 7 mins long and just a few doe popping out of the trees.. They new something wasn't right. I'd saw maybe 200 feet away. not that it matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X