No announcement yet.

Worst part of pet ownership.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man sorry to hear that. I agree, it's a tough thing to go through but I would rather it that way then a long drawn out illness or simply disappearing. Lost a dog that got out of the yard and never saw him again and always wondered what happened to him

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm on the fence if all of a sudden or expected from age or various other complications is better.

He was a bit old for a largish dog at almost 9yrs. Most ridgebacks seem to live a bit longer though. Hoping his litter mate brother we have makes it through it. Not sure the family could handle that well if it happens this soon.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

man I'm sorry. Looks like he was a happy member of a loving family. Both of mine are nearing 12yrs old and I will eventually have to deal with this. Not looking forward to that day.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I lost mine a bit over a year ago and miss her so much. It's going to be tough but you have to think of all the good times.
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Sorry for you loss. We need same service for elderly with checks and balances some how.

Comment

So sorry to hear OP, losing a pet sucks.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Honestly, I would rather lose a pet that way than drawn out illness or having to make the decision to put them down. Hopefully ours go peacefully and at home when that time comes.
              +1. Had a cat die of leukemia and had a rottie die of heart worms. Those were rough, but nowhere near as bad as having to put another cat and another rottie down due to cancer.

I consider myself to be tough both physically and emotionally, but I still get choked up thinking about putting the rottie down.

Comment

Sorry to hear. It definitely hurts for awhile.

Comment

Sorry man, like others not looking forward to that at all. I'd rather them go vs putting them down.

Comment

Working...
                  X