What it takes to hang with stock c6 vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    I put 3.5 seconds on a C6 vette in my Miata with coilovers and tires at the last autox soooooo
    i believe that! those things are bad ass at auto-x. i beat a few s2000's in a near stock 98 gt, auto, with street tires. a big thing at auto-x, is even though people have more powerful and superior cars doesn't mean the are great drivers. most times it makes them worse because they can't handle a car that powerful because most of the time they don't drive it hard.

Originally posted by Nomadtrash View Post
    I autocrossed two separate events this weekend. One was medium speed at Lone Star Park in Grand Prarie with several sharp transitions and a couple of tight decreasing radius turns. The other was a high speed event at Mineral Wells with mostly smooth sweepers and chicanes. At both events I put the hurt on two separate C6 Z06's. I was driving a bone stock 95 automatic convertible on street tires.
    In conclusion, It seems the hot setup for killing Z06's is a bone stock 95 automatic convertible. Your results may vary. PM me if you want to make an offer.
    well it could obviously be the driver mod. the question is, do you think you could have beaten your best time in the 95 mustang with a c6 z06?
    Last edited by jnobles06; 10-18-2011, 07:50 PM.

Comment

250 cc shifter Kart.
      Driver skill.

Cheaper.

Comment

It seems like it would be easy to get lost in the course... Watched a few videos and at speed the cones seem to make new "lanes" that arnt there lol... Does that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Silversky View Post
          It seems like it would be easy to get lost in the course... Watched a few videos and at speed the cones seem to make new "lanes" that arnt there lol... Does that happen?
          not really. all the events i have been to you get to walk the course before hand so you can get the layout down.

Comment

Our courses are marked with chalk lines. Sometimes people get lost but there are instructors on hand to ride along if you are having problems or want some pointers. It really isn't as hard as it looks to follow the course.
            Andy Cost

Equipe Rapide - Supreme Commander

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

Thanks for all the input... I did the drag racing thing... Loved it but wanted to get into something more challenging... Looking forward to smoking y'all ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Silversky View Post
                Thanks for all the input... I did the drag racing thing... Loved it but wanted to get into something more challenging... Looking forward to smoking y'all ;-)
                I lol'd

Comment

I love it all, I like drag racing, but I am addicted like a crack addict to corners (Road racing, autox, Time Trials, etc)
                  The autox events I go to are NTAXS and the BMW events, I would like to check out ER but I would like more than 6 runs so I usually go to the BMW and NTAXS events because they have 8. At the texas time trial events you get 15-20+ runs, great bang for your buck but not as competitive.
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

You can win cash and a set of Hoosier, Kumho, Yokohama, or Falken tires at ER. Last Sunday we had as many runs as you wanted. Some took 15+ runs on course. BMW and NTAXS run top notch programs and they have fun events too.
                    Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadtrash View Post
                      You can win cash and a set of Hoosier, Kumho, Yokohama, or Falken tires at ER. Last Sunday we had as many runs as you wanted. Some took 15+ runs on course. BMW and NTAXS run top notch programs and they have fun events too.
                      Good to know Would you say ER is the most competitive non scca event in dfw?
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

ER has the exact class structure as SCCA. The competition is the same. The cars and drivers are the same. They do ER one weekend and SCCA the next. SCCA usually draws an entry of around 150 cars. ER frequently is around 100 cars. NTAXS and BMW are around 60 cars. Texas Time Trials has around 15 cars.

ER has a novice class, open class, and expert class. Most of the really hot drivers run in the expert class leaving the open classes for less experienced drivers with cars that aren't prepared to the limit. We offer 4 regular runs on course and then 2 indexed runs. The two indexed runs are called Rapide Pax and they rely on a handicap sort of like bracket racing. We pay cash to the top 20 places in the Rapide Pax. We also pay cash to the top three cars that run on street tires. Every event you have a chance to enter the tire raffle. You must have the brand of tire on your car that is raffled off as well as a decal for that tire and Discount tire. At the end of the season we draw names for each tire brand. You can see our rules on www.autocross.com/er

I hope to see you out there on Nov. 5-6.

THanks,
                        Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

Sorry for the Hi-Jack. More on the upcoming autocross here:
                          In honor of the World Series coming to Texas Equipe Rapide is having a "Double Header" weekend. We will be hosting an autocross on Saturday November 5th and Sunday November 6th in Mineral Wells at the airport. The two events are separate so you can sign up for one or both. Check the current points standing on our

Back to talking about C6 Vettes now.
                          Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

Working...
                          X