480 RWHP is not all that these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 480 RWHP is not all that these days

I ran into a couple new 5.0's this past weekend and I never really get on my car much. Its more of a garage queen these days. The new 5.0's are impressive to say the least. I am a fan of anything fast and have owned my fair share of Ford's and Chevy's.

Long story short. I got in a couple friendly runs and although I pulled them both it was not by a whole lot. I have the mods in my sig and not sure what these cars had. They were pretty darn equal though.

Damn heavy ass Camaro. I need a light Vette again.
    2012 Mustang GT
    Mods: TSW Nurburgring Wheels/Saleen Grille/Boss Lower/GT500 Axle-Back Exhaust/Ford K-Springs/Adj Pan-Hard Rod
    Times: 12.75@111MPH

2012 F150 FX2 Ecoboost
    Mods: Bone Stock
    Times: Slow

Street Racing is bad mmmkkkkk.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

we'll just say you needed teh driver mod

Comment

Cut your mullet..... they create wind resistance with your windows down.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

It's true, 500rw isn't very much anymore. Honestly, if you don't make 700rw+ these days you aren't competitive anymore. My Cobra makes over 500rw and it's a fun street car to cruise around, but I wouldn't go looking for races at meets with it. It's so easy to make power with these new cars it's ridiculous. Z06 and Viper both run 10's stock, C6 LS3 Vettes with exhaust and a blower fuckin rock. The new 5.0's make over 400 with next to nothing.

Time to step your game up if you want to win some races.

Comment

Steve speaks truth unfortunately. My only solace is I have the only car on the market with a stock 540rwhp and a factory 100k mile powertrain warranty.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              Steve speaks truth unfortunately. My only solace is I have the only car on the market with a stock 540rwhp and a factory 100k mile powertrain warranty.
              i beg to differ... my buddy has this and full factory warranty....

2011 GT500 - Kona Blue

2.9L Whipple twin screw supercharger, Whipple 123mm MAF, FRPP 65mm dual bore TB, FRPP dual fuel pumps, AFCO dual pass/dual fan H/E, FR3 Handling pack (Dynamic Suspensions adjustable dampers, SVT 1.25" lowering springs, SVT rollbar kit, FR adjustable panhard, FR strut mounts)

Comment

Originally posted by TINKRD View Post

2011 GT500 - Kona Blue

2.9L Whipple twin screw supercharger, Whipple 123mm MAF, FRPP 65mm dual bore TB, FRPP dual fuel pumps, AFCO dual pass/dual fan H/E, FR3 Handling pack (Dynamic Suspensions adjustable dampers, SVT 1.25" lowering springs, SVT rollbar kit, FR adjustable panhard, FR strut mounts)
                You ignored the "stock" part of his comment. And the ZR1 will still put it on the Gt500's ass because it's a fat pig and murders tires.

Comment

hmm what road were u on o/p?
                  sterling grey car u ran?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    You ignored the "stock" part of his comment. And the ZR1 will still put it on the Gt500's ass because it's a fat pig and murders tires.
                    i'm an LS1 guy mang. all options were bought and put on from the factory. that means stock

Comment

2011 GT500 - Kona Blue

Please send me a link that shows the GT500 has a factory standard 100k powertrain warranty. I'd love to see that. I'd also love to see that engine run 100k hard miles with a 2.9L Whipple twin screw blower.
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

i'm an LS1 guy mang. all options were bought and put on from the factory. that means stock
                        I think he meant stock like not a custom ordered car.
                        but i get your point

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                          Please send me a link that shows the GT500 has a factory standard 100k powertrain warranty. I'd love to see that. I'd also love to see that engine run 100k hard miles with a 2.9L Whipple twin screw blower.

Comment

2011 GT500 - Kona Blue

Ohhhhh baby! Daddy liiiiike!

Comment

Haha.

Nice Shelby GT500 btw!!
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Working...
                              X