Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tex275 93 Mustang Build (Lot's of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tex275 93 Mustang Build (Lot's of pics)

I have been wanting to start a build thread on this car for a while but I wanted to get a bit of progress done on the car first.

I first bought this car around Thanksgiving. Clifton (Pumpkinhead) and I drove up to Oklahoma City on a Sunday night and bought this car. It was a running and driving car but it needed a lot of work (even more than initially thought) but at the price I bought the car for it was definetley workable for me. I am not sure how long the car had been put together, but it was a 331 A4 block, Trick Flow R heads, 75mm S400 turbo w/a pony down kit, C4, and a built rear end. It had a 10 point cage installed, but as you can see below I was unhappy with and needed to be redone. The rear end was built also with 35 spline moser axles, spool c-clips elims, mini tubbed, and the most redneck set of coil overs I have seen. (They were basically a set of monroe shocks with a "coil over" spring over them....unacceptable.)

Below are the original pics. I had more but they were in my old iphone which I lost a few weeks ago. I wasn't really happy with the welds and more importantly the cage wasn't legal. The rocker bars did not extend all the way to the mounting plates and tie into the cage. The mini tubs on the other hand were done very well.

Wait for it......my favorite part.....the down pipe "notch"

Below is the finished product.....for the cage anyway....

I called the guys over at Precision Racecraft to redo my cage and do a few extra items (through the floor subframes w/outriggers, welded up torque boxes, redo the shock bar and install new shocks, install wolfe sway bar) I can't say enough about the work those guys did. The work is top notch. I would highly recommend them.

The cage is a bit unorthodox. I had originally planned for a 10 point but I also wanted to go 25.5 very soon. What I had Rod and Craig do was put the shoulder bar low, add the up bars behind the seat for the seat to brace to....that way later down the road there is no cutting of the 10 point. All that needs to be done now is add the funny car cage, a couple bars, gussets, etc.

I also had them add a rocker bar on the passenger side and x the door bars this way I have a huge head start for the 25.5.

Look at that idiot Clifton (right above the rear end) he looks like that because he found out Justin Bieber was coming to the American Airlines Center for a concert.

When I bought this car the shock bar was actually shoved all the way through the spare tire well. I guess that's one way to do it without cutting out the whole spare tire well, but I can only imagine the hassle it was to actually shove it all the way through there. I wish I had a pic still. It was something else.

Last edited by jason07; 01-22-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

great start

Comment

Here are a few outside pics of the car and the rest of the cage.

The wheels are champion Cap5's which I absolutely love. The previous owner did not cut the axle tubes down to take advantage of the mini tubs. What we decided to do was just have the wheels made with a huge backspace. In this case the back space is 7 3/4 (15x10) There is so much room under the fenders that these tires clear with no problem. They tuck under very nicely. The tires are flush with the fenders. These are BFG 275 60 radial tires. I think that the Mickey Thompson Drag Radials will be a bit wider and fit perfectly.

I still dont have a full profile view of the car. The shop is filled with a few cars now. When I get a chance I will try and snap more pics.

Comment

Rod does some nice work, cage looks good.
          sigpic
          "Thank you"
          Malone's Horsepower Ranch:
          SHOWMAKERS of AMERICA:
          Pietro's Italian Restorante Vacaville, Ca:
          Lucas Oil:
          Quick Fuel Technology:
          360 Wrap

Comment

I don't have any pics of the motor yet, but we picked it up a few weeks ago. Initially I was told it was a 331 stroker but after the engine shop (Morgan and Son) took the motor apart, Bud told me the block was .080 over. Therefore that makes the motor a 340 ci. Hopefully that works out to my advantage.

We had initially taken the motor up there just to have Bud go through it to make sure everything is ok. However, once the motor was apart he saw a large amount of "metal" in the motor. After further diagnosis he determined that it was the rocker arms digging into the rocker arms studs. The culprit was the valve springs. The springs had too little pressure so the rockers, when snugged down, would dig into the rocker stud.

Of course there is a good side.... the motor was as promised. A4 block, probe pistons, Scat Hbeam rods, and a Scat crank.

So a large amount of $$$$$$ later I have a brand new motor again.

Comment

So the next step is to put the motor and transmission back in for a turbo kit mock up.

This will be done by nobody else, but the best Fabricator I know....The Brooks Lopez (turbostang). Hopefully the kind words save me a few bucks or perhaps a few tacos from Taco Casa.

The car was originally an air to water set up with the intercooler residing in the driver side fender. (yes you read that correctly)

I have decided to go air to air so Brooks needs to do the cold side.

Updates to come.

Comment

Love the wheels. I just bought a set for my 2010 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                  Love the wheels. I just bought a set for my 2010 Camaro.
                  Thanks! I would love to see what that looks like.

I wanted something a bit different but something that would not break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by geronimo View Post
                    Rod does some nice work, cage looks good.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                      Thanks! I would love to see what that looks like.

I wanted something a bit different but something that would not break the bank.
                      When I get them fitted on the car I'll make a thread with pictures. I did the black rear with the black cwi-x beadlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                        When I get them fitted on the car I'll make a thread with pictures. I did the black rear with the black cwi-x beadlock.
                        Cool. I was going to go with the black bead locks also, but I figured since the beads on the front wheels are polished I will go with the same on the rear.

I think it will all look good when I paint my car back to the original color silver.

Comment

Nice build!

Comment

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                            Nice build!
                            Thanks

Comment

Very nice build, yall wanna come finish mine?

Comment

Working...
                              X