Texas Motorplex Ultimate Saturday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
    sounds like it. i guess there were two of you out there with black wheels and a truestreet sticker.

how come you didnt spray? not worth it without tires?
    Yeah when I spray I for sure need to be on a better set of tires. I even let Clint drive my car and all he could do is a 1.9 60ft. I was doing 2.0's 60ft.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

We left about 10. Didn't seem like much of a point since there were only about three cars that could make it down the track without obliteraing the tires. It was the worst track prep I have ever seen. Maybe street car night and x275 night on the same track is a bad idea.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I would have to agree. My car was spinning till midway through third. 1st and 2nd was pointless on that track.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

I have said it before and many others, it is not possible to enjoy a night at the motorplex. I have never had good track prep, a 400hp car on radials should not spin thru third.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
            I have said it before and many others, it is not possible to enjoy a night at the motorplex. I have never had good track prep, a 400hp car on radials should not spin thru third.
            Mines not 400hp car.

Comment

congrats to your crew. other cars seem a bit off the mark compared to you guys.

does a 275 race normally take 6+ hours? lol damn.

wts- your car is sick brotha

badass2000gt- your car is slow and you need a driver mod hah!

had a good time, didnt realize it was slow ass mustang night though i got sick of watching mustang after mustang during tnt.

one 5.0 casualty. think your insurance will cover that? tell them a drunk driver hit you lol
              Thanks man we struggle a little bit last night but identified a couple problem
              http/www.texasturboboys.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                We go down that track almost every pass on a radial. If you know how to tune a car you can get it down.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prospec1 View Post
                  We go down that track almost every pass on a radial. If you know how to tune a car you can get it down.
                  right. if these guys can run 4.8x back to back to back, then the prep is fine.

i'm pretty sure most all the 275 cars made at least one clean pass, maybe not their fastest, but clean.

Comment

My '12 went 11.2@125 last night. Still have a few minor bugs and hoping to get my 10 second slip out of it in the fall.

Comment

i'm pretty sure most all the 275 cars made at least one clean pass, maybe not their fastest, but clean.
                      Not even close.

The second pair of x275 cars both pulled big wheelstands so I thought it was going to be a good night of racing. Yet all we saw was car after car make aborted passes. Get the revs up, get staged, go - .....aaaand tire smoke. There were a couple of cars that made good passes (fastest I saw was a 4.8 @ 147) so there was something out there, but overall it was a miserable night for most.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I thought the prep was pretty good.

Mine is on a D/R and I was pretty consistent.

10.05 1.34 60' Right lane
                        10.07 1.35 60' Left lane
                        10.09 1.37 60' Right lane w/ a little wheel spin

Comment

People that can't tune a car are always quick to blame the track prep. We go down that track almost every pass. You have to tune your car to the track. We went between 4.85-4.88 with 1.19 60ft every pass but one Saturday night. We could have went in the 70's but there wasn't a need to.
                          Last edited by prospec1; 08-19-2013, 12:45 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

one 5.0 casualty. think your insurance will cover that? tell them a drunk driver hit you lol
                            What happened?

Comment

I've been 8's in the 1/4 on a normal night out there with multiple street cars.

It's the best track around.
                              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
                                What happened?
                                Spun out and hit the wall at around the 330' mark. Driver quarter was smashed pretty good and both bumpers were hanging by a thread.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X