Hole in shower stall fiberglass wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in shower stall fiberglass wall

How should I go about patching a hole a fiberglass shower stall? The hole is on the wall and is about 3x3 with some cracking around it. I bought all the resin and fiberglass mat but I need something to support the mat.

Should I just tape the sides of the mat and then spread the resin/hardner mix?

Leave it and start your own glory hole channel.

Comment

Well clearly that’s the plan but I need some advice on how to patch it if business doesn’t take off.

Comment

You have to sell your house.

Comment

I've used a wooden stir stick with just the resin and put it behind the hole and held it on this side with tape.
          Next day after it dried I came back and fiberglassed matted the hole. Two days later I sanded it and put a skim coat.of resin, it actually looked OK and never leaked as far as I could tell.
          When I sold the house it never showed up on the inspection report.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            I've used a wooden stir stick with just the resin and put it behind the hole and held it on this side with tape.
            Next day after it dried I came back and fiberglassed matted the hole. Two days later I sanded it and put a skim coat.of resin, it actually looked OK and never leaked as far as I could tell.
            When I sold the house it never showed up on the inspection report.
            That's your old body work brain and skills comin out.

Comment

Working...
            X