Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Any aircraft dispatchers on here - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any aircraft dispatchers on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chronical View Post
    Well, legally I'm good. There are no federal regulations to prohibit employment. Unfortunately, you can't find a straight forward answer on hiring policies within the airline so you have to ask around. Which I've done and should be good to go. Just asking here as well.
    I worded this poorly. There are federal regulations that prohibit employment but none of those would apply to me. (Espionage, distribution of drugs, murder, etc)

Comment

Sida badge for airport access goes back 10 years. I do not think dispatchers need this. However a lot of companies mirror what is required by the government.

Comment

What's the timeline to go from school to 6 figures? And how saturated is the field?

Comment

The FBI check will show every run in that was ever entered into to TCIC/NCIC system; that should include warnings, citations, and arrest; I'm not positive on that but it should show every interaction that was entered

Paid for this about 6 weeks ago and it's in the process. During this process, I found out I apparently signed something when I was 18 that waived my right to expunging the theft. My attorney is still working on it so it may be a moot point.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out what the airline is looking for. Convictions? I'm good. Do they run public data? Then I can get it sealed. Do they run an fbi check, which I have read that they do, what will be there? Just convictions? Or a persons entire arrest record ? Do they ask "have you ever been arrested" or do they ask "have you ever been convicted"

This is where I am not clear.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
            What kind of pay can you expect?
            Total income $90k to start, 6 figures after your first year, $170k before any OT once topped out after completing ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
              What's the timeline to go from school to 6 figures? And how saturated is the field?
              school is 6-8 weeks. Need to have dispatch experience if applying as an external applicant so 2-3 years of gaining experience or the same amount of time obtaining a job to become internal and finishing any commitment requirement, then luck of the draw on when they decide to hire and how well you do on any tests.

Field is very saturated with 1000-1500 applicants for 15-30 positions each time they open up. All of those applicants already have their license and are qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                The FBI check will show every run in that was ever entered into to TCIC/NCIC system; that should include warnings, citations, and arrest; I'm not positive on that but it should show every interaction that was entered

I had no issues with passing all background requirements and getting this job. I am very lucky that stupid decisions from almost 20 years ago didn't stop me from chasing my dreams.

Comment

Well, legally I'm good. There are no federal regulations to prohibit employment. Unfortunately, you can't find a straight forward answer on hiring policies within the airline so you have to ask around.
                  So this is where you just apply at all of them and the ones that don't like it, don't hire you. The ones that don't give a shit, will give you a call if they need someone.

For my .02, it looks something like this: For the most part places only care about stuff that would pertain to their field. Hospitals won't hire druggie doctors and nurses. Fry's electronics won't hire some thief. Seems like violent crimes are the exception though. I got a friend who's a convicted felon and he's always worried somewhere isn't going to hire him, when/if he changes jobs. Either they don't check, or they don't care.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    So this is where you just apply at all of them and the ones that don't like it, don't hire you. The ones that don't give a shit, will give you a call if they need someone.

For my .02, it looks something like this: For the most part places only care about stuff that would pertain to their field. Hospitals won't hire druggie doctors and nurses. Fry's electronics won't hire some thief. Seems like violent crimes are the exception though. I got a friend who's a convicted felon and he's always worried somewhere isn't going to hire him, when/if he changes jobs. Either they don't check, or they don't care.
                    No. They did a ten year fbi background looking for these offenses

Comment

In the part 91 world dispatchers are just secretaries or extra duties for flight attendants.
                      07 GT500
                      05 SRT10
                      88 turbocoupe T-bird
                      93 Cobra
                      86 coupe
                      Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                        AA is my fourth 121 Air Carrier I have worked for. Unions are not mandatory in a Right to Work state like Texas --- fyi.

Name another fortune 50 company that does not lay-off during a massive downturn.
                        121 sucks... Its like working on a bus. 91 is where it’s at.
                        07 GT500
                        05 SRT10
                        88 turbocoupe T-bird
                        93 Cobra
                        86 coupe
                        Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                          In the part 91 world dispatchers are just secretaries or extra duties for flight attendants.
                          There is no such thing as a “part 91 dispatcher” with regards to the FAA and regs.

Comment

Working...
                          X