Any Tesla owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    People are going to be towing their boats to the lake. Not their piece of shit secondary cars with this thing... No one that wants this truck needs to go 500 miles with a 12,000LBS trailer.

I think that's a valid point. It also supposedly has a 3000lb cargo capacity. It's basically a 1ton truck. Honestly, at 70K, I'd consider buying one if it wasn't so damn ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      People are going to be towing their boats to the lake. Not their piece of shit secondary cars with this thing... No one that wants this truck needs to go 500 miles with a 12,000LBS trailer.
      No one that wants this truck has a fucking boat either. This "truck" will be marketed at the hipster type idiots you see in subaru ads. Flannel wearing shitheads with waxed mustaches and Hillary bumper stickers.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        No one that wants this truck has a fucking boat either. This "truck" will be marketed at the hipster type idiots you see in subaru ads. Flannel wearing shitheads with waxed mustaches and Hillary bumper stickers.
        Ehh...I'm going to say the people that have boats and want this truck wont be towing it. They have the money to buy a slip.

Yall are also forgetting the massive market of people that want a new car and have to lie to themselves to make a valid excuse. whether they want to "save" money or "save" the planet...they want a new truck and this has all sorts of fictional savings built in.

Comment

• If I were to get a CyberTruck, I would want it as an overlanding rig. The trailer I would tow would be 7000lbs at the absolute max and mostly likely under 5000lbs. I think a roof top tent be more difficult to integrate and I wouldn’t be interested in a bed tent. But the biggest drawback to me is the same as the Raptor. It’s just too damn big. It’s too long to fit in my garage and it’s too wide for many trails. One the flipside, it has good approach and departure angles and 16” of clearance. That instant torque would be a boon on any trail. The interior looks HUGE but I’m curious to see if it is as flexible as the F150.

At the end of the day, if I get a new pickup, I’ll probably end up with a Jeep Gladiator diesel or the rumored Hercules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            If I were to get a CyberTruck, I would want it as an overlanding rig. The trailer I would tow would be 7000lbs at the absolute max and mostly likely under 5000lbs. I think a roof top tent be more difficult to integrate and I wouldn’t be interested in a bed tent. But the biggest drawback to me is the same as the Raptor. It’s just too damn big. It’s too long to fit in my garage and it’s too wide for many trails. One the flipside, it has good approach and departure angles and 16” of clearance. That instant torque would be a boon on any trail. The interior looks HUGE but I’m curious to see if it is as flexible as the F150.

At the end of the day, if I get a new pickup, I’ll probably end up with a Jeep Gladiator diesel or the rumored Hercules.
            I can understand off roading... but overlanding seems like the worst thing to do with an EV until they make portable charge packs or something similar to a jerry can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              You just perfectly described the four dudes that jumped out of the truck at the smashing demo.

Comment

• With everything from cars, to trucks, to even airplanes going electric, the demand for batteries is going to continue to skyrocket in the coming years—but the availability of the materials currently used to make them is limited. So scientists at IBM Research have developed a new battery whose unique ingredients can be…

I thought this was an interesting development. I’ve always viewed Li-Ion as a bridge technology. Tesla has certainly taken the tech further than I thought but it’s still quite dirty an takes too long to recharge.

IBM’s new battery tech isn’t dirty at all, has a higher capacity, and can recharge to 80% in 5 minutes. IMO, that’s pretty much the death nail for the ICE. It’ll just be a matter of how long until the infrastructure is fully in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  https://gizmodo.com/ibm-research-cre...1840535845/amp

I thought this was an interesting development. I’ve always viewed Li-Ion as a bridge technology. Tesla has certainly taken the tech further than I thought but it’s still quite dirty an takes too long to recharge.

IBM’s new battery tech isn’t dirty at all, has a higher capacity, and can recharge to 80% in 5 minutes. IMO, that’s pretty much the death nail for the ICE. It’ll just be a matter of how long until the infrastructure is fully in place.
                  I've said this before when the topic of new battery tech comes up...

There has been a "new and drastically improved" battery tech promised for decades. It's always just a few years off...but the reality is we wouldnt see this in cars for at least 20+ years if it ever actually comes to fruition which is still a small chance.

Comment

Working...
                  X