Best 6.5 Creedmore HUNTING rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 6.5 Creedmore HUNTING rifle

I got an itch to go buy a new hunting rifle and scope. I’m set on 6.5 Creedmore for the caliber but haven’t decide on brand and model. I’m liking the browning x-bolt. Any other suggestions? I don’t want a tactical, long range one. Looking for a hunting rifle - lightweight, durable.

Also, what scope? I want a wide field of view, probably fixed power, I’ll use the reticle for for range adjustment. I don’t want to jack with turrets on a hunting rifle.

What are you hunting?

Comment

White tail, antelope, hogs, hopefully an elk one day.

Comment

Sounds like a little of everything. I hunt with a 7 Mag for that size game, but I also like to hunt distance. I have a Tikka light weight and love it along with a Nikon Prostaff BDC style scope.

Comment

Yeah a little of everything. I think the 6.5 is a good fit caliber wise for me. I’ve read it’s good out to 1000 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
            Yeah a little of everything. I think the 6.5 is a good fit caliber wise for me. I’ve read it’s good out to 1000 yards.
            I’ll be honest I don’t know much about that round. I go by the old school philosophy and hunt every type with a different round/ gun depending on what it is. I know it’s a pain to lug around extra guns, but I usually go hunting for the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              I’ll be honest I don’t know much about that round. I go by the old school philosophy and hunt every type with a different round/ gun depending on what it is. I know it’s a pain to lug around extra guns, but I usually go hunting for the week.
              Nothing wrong with having a bunch of guns.

Comment

Tikka T3x in 6.5cm is a good choice. Can be had in a few different configurations from $650 to $1000.
                It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

This is the one I'm interested in next chambered in 6.5. Some of the feature I like about a target rifle but set up for hunting.

Do you crave handmade craftsmanship? Do you want a rifle built specifically for you, built for your needs, and with a level of quality that is evident the moment it touches your hands? Are you the type who hones your skills until your confidence is unwavering and your actions are second nature? If you need a gun that is an extension of your mind, body, and soul, then a Bergara Custom is the rifle for you.

Comment

What makes the tikka so good? I’ve had several people recommended them.

Comment

I have an american predator in 6.5. it's a nice rifle

Comment

What makes the tikka so good? I’ve had several people recommended them.
                        T3's are mfg. by Sako. Slide a Tikka T3 bolt and you will know it's quality.

Comment

I did on Saturday after I made this post. I played with the tikka, x-bolt, kimber, savage, and a ruger. I just didn’t find that one that I couldn’t live without. I didn’t dry fire any of them though.

Comment

I did on Saturday after I made this post. I played with the tikka, x-bolt, kimber, savage, and a ruger. I just didn’t find that one that I couldn’t live without. I didn’t dry fire any of them though.
                            Was it a T3? They don't make them anymore, I think they are like T3x or something.

Comment

I’m not sure on the model. Bass pro in Rockwall only had 2 tikka’s. I’m going to go check out cabelas in Allen one day this week, they typically seem to have a better selection.

Comment

Working...
                              X