Surplus Warehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surplus Warehouse

Are all home builders surplus type stores pretty much the same? Their websites are as none of them display actual prices. I’m wondering if I can purchase the bottom half of a window (the sliding part) so I guess I’ll have to call around. Is there one y’all prefer?
    .....bro....

the quick answer is no.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Damn, I have to replace the whole damn thing?!
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
        Damn, I have to replace the whole damn thing?!
        Unless you go to the Surplus and find one with the upper broken, yes.

You can call a glass company and see if they will replace the bottom glass only, but if it has double pane frame or other custom type they will just replace the entire window frame...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

If you just need the glass, it's possible to make an "insert" that is what is inside of the frame. The frames are not standard, one company makes them different from another, and the sizes are not standard either. Replacing the whole unit is the only option if there is an issue with the window that isnt the glass. Windows are made to fit the hole, not the other way around.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
          X