Do you tip for takeout food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Pretty much every subway has a tip jar right by the register..
    When did they start that? I have only been to maybe 2-3 different Subways in the past 4 years, all in rural Colorado, and only about 3-4 times a year. None of them have had tip jars. They never had them at the ones I went to when I lived in DFW, either, but it has been many years. Interesting thought, though. I guess if the person making my sandwich does a good job, I wouldn't mind throwing them a buck.

Comment

• There is a car inspection place in Euless with a tip jar. I guess its for cars that need help passing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
        When did they start that? I have only been to maybe 2-3 different Subways in the past 4 years, all in rural Colorado, and only about 3-4 times a year. None of them have had tip jars. They never had them at the ones I went to when I lived in DFW, either, but it has been many years. Interesting thought, though. I guess if the person making my sandwich does a good job, I wouldn't mind throwing them a buck.
        I’m pretty sure every subway I've been to since 2010 has one. It’s a little clear plastic box by the register
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          There is a car inspection place in Euless with a tip jar. I guess its for cars that need help passing.
          Back in the day a Benjamin left on the seat worked wonders!

Comment

• I happen to be at the Subway in Bridgeport, TX right now. No tip jar.

Comment

I happen to be at the Subway in Bridgeport, TX right now. No tip jar.
              We're going to need a solid sammich making rant and MS paint depiction as proof.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I happen to be at the Subway in Bridgeport, TX right now. No tip jar.
                Did you go for that brisket sandwich?

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  We're going to need a solid sammich making rant and MS paint depiction as proof.
                  The sammich was decent. Nothing gourmet, but it'll make a turd. I legit just tried to bust out some MS Paint glory, but apparently my employer has blocked that app from my laptop. It's like they already know.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  Did you go for that brisket sandwich?
                  I played it safe with a club, double meat, double cheese.

Part of my whole reason for going was to see if they had a tip jar. I even had cash with me.

Comment

Working...
                  X