No announcement yet.

Is there a such thing as a Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The law was meant to be a temporary fix until God's perfect will came(Jesus).

Jesus said, Matt 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

This is saying you don't mix the Old and New Test. Jesus fulfilled the law through his sacrifice. The law is for the non-believer, but if they receive Christ as their Lord and Savior they are no longer under the bondage of the law. Am I saying that we should go out and live in sin? No. We should keep the commandments to the best of our ability. Because, when we live in sin we give place to the devil to come in and steal, kill, and destroy. God loves us no matter what we do. Living holy doesn't get God to love us more, it gets us to love God more. It benifits us to live holy.

Comment

Originally posted by StangTamer View Post
      Gal. 3: 11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Paul was saying that those who believe mankind can be justified with God entirely by his own actions (in this case adherance to the Law) are cursed by rejecting the fulfillment of the Law on mankind's behalf by Jesus.

Comment

I am not even close to being better than my God.

If a group of people that you loved turned on you and hated you so much that they went after your family to kill, steal, rape, defile, poison, etc. them and you had the power to stop them, do you love your family enough to protect them? Is there anything you wouldn't do to protect them?
        LMAO! Yep, you aren't better than your god. You've got no reasoning skills. I, however, am far better than your god as written about in the bible.

What about the time god sent two bears to kill 42 kids for making bald jokes. Or killing EVERYTHING on the planet except for what Noah managed to get on a boat. Maybe you forgot all the times god commanded people to kill their own children to prove their love for god.

You'd have to be absolutely retarded to think that any of these acts are good. And this is even assuming that the bible is true, which it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Paul was saying that those who believe mankind can be justified with God entirely by his own actions (in this case adherance to the Law) are cursed by rejecting the fulfillment of the Law on mankind's behalf by Jesus.

I totally agree with you that we can not be justified through our works.

But the meaning of the verse is....
          The Law brought a blessing to those who obey the law and a curse to those who disobey the law. (ie. Dt. 28) Since nobody is perfect and we all fall short, we were cursed. Jesus fulfilled the law and became the curse for us, and now we are totally redeemed from all curses and have been given all of the blessings through Christ Jesus.

It is a curse for us to try and earn our Salvation through our own works. Because everyone but Jesus has failed and God doesn't grade on a curve. He doesn't say, "well this guy just lied once so he is good enough to get in." No, the Bible say if you sin once you are guilty of all sins. God looks at sin much different than we do. We seem to grade sin differently(ie. murder is a lot worse than lying).

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            LMAO! Yep, you aren't better than your god. You've got no reasoning skills. I, however, am far better than your god as written about in the bible.

What about the time god sent two bears to kill 42 kids for making bald jokes. Or killing EVERYTHING on the planet except for what Noah managed to get on a boat. Maybe you forgot all the times god commanded people to kill their own children to prove their love for god.

You'd have to be absolutely retarded to think that any of these acts are good. And this is even assuming that the bible is true, which it's not.

Elisha cursed the kids in the name of the Lord, God never commanded it. There is very little said about the subject so it is hard to tell what/why. But, back then kids were very respectful to parents and did what they were told without back talk. These kids seem to have been taken over by demons. If I just saw Elijah get taken up to Heaven in a Chariot of Fire I would be in awe, not mocking and making fun of his friend.

As for God commanding Abraham to sacrifice his son....Did God not stop him from killing Isaac? Yes. He was just testing his faith and rewarded him greatly.

Sure God poured out his wrath in the Old Test. Sometimes God had to set an example of his wrath to literally scare the Hell out of people. It is kind of like a parent spanking their kid for running out in the street.(You might think spanking your kid is a bad thing.) But, if you pour out your wrath and whip your kid because he went out in the street, he will think twice before he does it again in fear of getting another spanking. If God didn't pour out His wrath people would have never took him serious. It looks like a mean thing on the outside but it was for the greater good. There was very little room to get off of the straight and narrow back then, evil consumed people to the point of no return. God was trying to save people from damnation.

Comment

Elisha cursed the kids in the name of the Lord, God never commanded it. There is very little said about the subject so it is hard to tell what/why. But, back then kids were very respectful to parents and did what they were told without back talk. These kids seem to have been taken over by demons. If I just saw Elijah get taken up to Heaven in a Chariot of Fire I would be in awe, not mocking and making fun of his friend.

As for God commanding Abraham to sacrifice his son....Did God not stop him from killing Isaac? Yes. He was just testing his faith and rewarded him greatly.

Sure God poured out his wrath in the Old Test. Sometimes God had to set an example of his wrath to literally scare the Hell out of people. It is kind of like a parent spanking their kid for running out in the street.(You might think spanking your kid is a bad thing.) But, if you pour out your wrath and whip your kid because he went out in the street, he will think twice before he does it again in fear of getting another spanking. If God didn't pour out His wrath people would have never took him serious. It looks like a mean thing on the outside but it was for the greater good. There was very little room to get off of the straight and narrow back then, evil consumed people to the point of no return. God was trying to save people from damnation.
              murder=/= spanking kids. God was trying to save people from damnation, which the rules for being damned were set up by him, so if he was trying to save them from damnation, why not just modify/remove the rules?

Comment

murder=/= spanking kids. God was trying to save people from damnation, which the rules for being damned were set up by him, so if he was trying to save them from damnation, why not just modify/remove the rules?
                You misunderstand again. The people in the OT that were killed are not the ones I am comparing to spanking kids. I am comparing the people that lived to the kids that got spanked. The people that lived thought twice about disobeying God in fear of their lives after seeing what happend to the people who were killed for disobeying God. Just as a kid will think twice about running in the street again, in fear they will get another spanking. God was trying to save people from falling into the temptations of the Devil because there was no deliverance for them.

God is not the one that sends people to Hell. Heaven and Hell is a choice for everyone. You are serving someone whether you like it or not, whether you want to or don't want to. When your body dies you will go to Heaven or Hell whether you believe it exists or not. There is no way around it. Jesus made a sacrifice for the whole world that made it so simple for us to get into Heaven that you would need help from someone to misunderstand it. All you have to do to go to Heaven is accept Jesus as your Savior. All you have to do to go to Hell is nothing. It doesn't matter how bad you are or how good you are. If you don't accept the gift that Jesus is offering then you made your choice to receive an all expense paid trip to Hell. I mean really...How much easier can God make it for you to go to Heaven?

If someone had every brand, make, model and year of car/truck and sent out advertising in the mail, on tv, with multiple dealerships in every town and people even came to your door to tell you that they are giving out free cars of your choice and will even deliver it for you. All you have to do is accept it as a paid in full gift. I don't see how anyone could say no.

Jesus is offering a gift that is infinately greater than a free car. Get past your pride and accept it already.

Comment

You misunderstand again. The people in the OT that were killed are not the ones I am comparing to spanking kids. I am comparing the people that lived to the kids that got spanked. The people that lived thought twice about disobeying God in fear of their lives after seeing what happend to the people who were killed for disobeying God. Just as a kid will think twice about running in the street again, in fear they will get another spanking. God was trying to save people from falling into the temptations of the Devil because there was no deliverance for them.
                  I'm sorry, not listening or worshiping someone is not justification for killing them or sentencing them to eternal damnation.
                  God is not the one that sends people to Hell. Heaven and Hell is a choice for everyone. You are serving someone whether you like it or not, whether you want to or don't want to. When your body dies you will go to Heaven or Hell whether you believe it exists or not. There is no way around it. Jesus made a sacrifice for the whole world that made it so simple for us to get into Heaven that you would need help from someone to misunderstand it. All you have to do to go to Heaven is accept Jesus as your Savior. All you have to do to go to Hell is nothing. It doesn't matter how bad you are or how good you are. If you don't accept the gift that Jesus is offering then you made your choice to receive an all expense paid trip to Hell. I mean really...How much easier can God make it for you to go to Heaven?
                  God is the one that sends people to hell. He made the rules for going to hell, he can ammend them or disregard them all together. Ultimately he has the choice on whether or not people go to hell, as both man and hell are supposedly a construct of his.
                  If someone had every brand, make, model and year of car/truck and sent out advertising in the mail, on tv, with multiple dealerships in every town and people even came to your door to tell you that they are giving out free cars of your choice and will even deliver it for you. All you have to do is accept it as a paid in full gift. I don't see how anyone could say no.
                  This reeks of Pascal's Wager.
                  Jesus is offering a gift that is infinately greater than a free car. Get past your pride and accept it already.
                  If by gift you mean "Accept me or burn in hell forever" then I guess you can call it a gift. It's no gift I'd ever want. Stockholm Syndrome much?

Comment

I'm sorry, not listening or worshiping someone is not justification for killing them or sentencing them to eternal damnation.

God is the one that sends people to hell. He made the rules for going to hell, he can ammend them or disregard them all together. Ultimately he has the choice on whether or not people go to hell, as both man and hell are supposedly a construct of his.
                    Everyone has a choice on who they will serve and they choose to serve the devil. God gave us choice and He will honor our choice.

This reeks of Pascal's Wager.
                    I'm not familar with it.

If by gift you mean "Accept me or burn in hell forever" then I guess you can call it a gift. It's no gift I'd ever want. Stockholm Syndrome much?
                    ...and God will honor your choice.

Comment

Everyone has a choice on who they will serve and they choose to serve the devil. God gave us choice and He will honor our choice.

I'm not familar with it.

So if you aren't pro god that automatically makes you pro devil? Where's the "Fuck both of those guys" option?

Read up on Pascal's Wager, and you do know what stockholm syndrome is, don't you?

Comment

So if you aren't pro god that automatically makes you pro devil? Where's the "Fuck both of those guys" option?
                        Yes, and the "Fuck both of those guys" option is available, but it automatically defaults you to the pro Devil side.lol

Read up on Pascal's Wager, and you do know what stockholm syndrome is, don't you?
                        I wiki'd them.

Comment

Yes, and the "Fuck both of those guys" option is available, but it automatically defaults you to the pro Devil side.lol

I wiki'd them.
                          /picard.

Comment

Believing that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins is the ultimate get out of jail free card. If you're a "good" Christian and really truly believe this, the ultimate prize is yours.

Funny thing is, asking most christians the question "Do you know you're going to heaven and why?'" will get you a lot of dribble including "I'm a good person, I'm a nice person" etc. and not the correct answer.
                            Hellcat Charger

Comment

I'm not familar with it.

I serve Rick. Why? Because he can fire me..
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                              X