No announcement yet.

US Bureau of Labor Statistics: Unemployment Rate Rose to 7.9% in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fyi, Dell is hiring quite a few positions, Skilled technical jobs, due to some new big contracts recently landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Fyi, Dell is hiring quite a few positions, Skilled technical jobs, due to some new big contracts recently landed.
      As are we. Highly technical jobs paying six figures or more. Generally speaking it is very tough to find people because of the required skillset.

Dell has our owner as a board member, as you probably know. And the guys in that crowd got not problem hiring right now. In fact, your board member told me personally that while times are tough, he can't wait for the next real recession because we are going to buy the hell out of everything we can get our hands on. We are positioning ourselves as a source of recession-proof capital which is just a fancy way of saying our backers have some deep ass pockets ($160B).
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Sounds like people need to find a way to make themselves useful.
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          sorry...but that number was out on Nov 2 or 3. There is another unemployment thread where I posted it.

Just wait as seasonal jobs lay off in January and more dolts come off 99 weeks unemployment
          I am soo sorry, maybe I should have stated it this way:

"Notice how this report didn't come out earlier in the main stream media."

Better?

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            It is simple and it has been the same thing for years, people are hesitant to deploy capital. Why is there record amounts of money sitting on S&P 500 balance sheets right now? Why were the banks some of the worst hit today? It is because no one knows what new regulation this administration is going to pursue tomorrow. What is tomorrow's agenda going to be? Or the next day's? or the next? They have just spent 18 months doing their best to demonize success in this country. The environment generated by the administration is very anti-business and that will continue, everyone I talk to knows it and is prepared to run silent and run deep for another couple of years. Instead of creating jobs they'll pay their owners and shareholders dividends and/or buy their shares back. Or even worse, buy other succesful companies and cut jobs out of them.
            Also coming out yesterday:

Comment

I just heard a friend of a friend layed off several people at a security company because he can't afford their insurance after the start of the new year. The November unemployment numbers may get pretty exciting.
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by broncojohnny View Post
                i just heard a friend of a friend layed off several people at a security company because he can't afford their insurance after the start of the new year. The november unemployment numbers may get pretty exciting.
                6.4%?!
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                  6.4%?!
                  Sure, after they try to exclude Nevada.

Comment

Working...
                  X