Is there a such thing as a Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^
    Gotta love someone who must feed the need to quote himself, LOL.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Seriously, you guys keep saying the same things over and over again and expect them to gain credibility or factuality?
    This is one of racrguy's best posts in this corner of the forum thus far in my opinion....it's like he's looking in a mirror and talking to himself about himself.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      ^^^^^
      Gotta love someone who must feed the need to quote himself, LOL.

This is one of racrguy's best posts in this corner of the forum thus far in my opinion....it's like he's looking in a mirror and talking to himself about himself.
      The difference between what you keep saying and what I keep saying is that what I say is correct, and demonstrable, and what you say is a guess on a good day.

Comment

It’s not important to be constantly going to church, if you are aware of the teaching in the bible. If you help someone you are good Christian, if you respect others and act responsibly towards the society you are good Christian, if you work hard for your family and take time for them you are good Christian. You cannot deny the changing times and its impact on everyone’s lifestyle, but as long as Christians are acting as Christians, they are Christians. Going to church alone doesn’t alone mean that you are Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavis4188 View Post
          It’s not important to be constantly going to church, if you are aware of the teaching in the bible. If you help someone you are good Christian, if you respect others and act responsibly towards the society you are good Christian, if you work hard for your family and take time for them you are good Christian. You cannot deny the changing times and its impact on everyone’s lifestyle, but as long as Christians are acting as Christians, they are Christians. Going to church alone doesn’t alone mean that you are Christian.
          What if a jew does all that same stuff outside of using the bible as a basis? Are they just being a good christian or a good person?
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Josh, that's totally being a good christian. It's unpossible to be a good person without being a christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              "Nu-uh... YOU'RE the idiot!"

You sure told me. Do you think anyone actually takes you seriously?
              I completely agree with everything he posts about this subject...it is just common sense after all.

Comment

Apparently not so common if you've got your god goggles on.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                  I completely agree with everything he posts about this subject...it is just common sense after all.
                  In similar fashoin, I agree with everything He said about this subject.

Comment

In similar fashoin, I agree with everything He said about this subject.
                    He hasnt said anything...

Comment

Of course he has. You're just not reading it with the right mindset. You've got to have faith before the message will make itself clear to you.

The above message was divinely inspired.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        Of course he has. You're just not reading it with the right mindset. You've got to have faith before the message will make itself clear to you.

The above message was divinely inspired.
                        I used to leave cookies for Santa and send him letters.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          I used to leave cookies for Santa and send him letters.
                          That means you used to not always be hatin' on fatties

Comment

That means you used to not always be hatin' on fatties
                            Lmao...

Comment

Comment

Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven. When someone gets born again the only thing that is made perfect is their spirit, our soul and flesh stay the same until we change by renewing our mind through the Word of God. The Bible says we all fall short and nobody is perfect. Christ died for us while we were yet sinners. Many people think that a Christian has to be holy for God to love them, and that is far from the truth. The truth is God loves everyone the same, you can't make God love you more by being good and you can't make God love you less by being bad. Don't get me wrong, you should live as holy as you can. Jesus freed us from sin, not to sin. I am just saying our actions do not cause God to love us more or less, but our actions will cause us to love God more or less. I have heard of many instances where someone will renounce their faith as a Christian because a preacher, minister, etc. failed or was caught in some kind of scandal. But, that is foolish to me, because even though a minister should conduct himself in a Christ like manner and lead as an example, we all fall short. Nobody should look at a Minister as the perfect Christian role model, because they will fail you everytime. If you want to judge Christianity by anyones works you have to look at Jesus and he will never let you down. There are a lot of Christians that make my skin crawl because they think they are Holy or just flat out give Christians a bad name. Man looks at the outward apperance, but God looks at the heart. Jesus never rebuked a prostitute, a drunk, a tax collector, etc. he only rebuke the scribes and pharisees because they were hypocrites trusting in theirselves thinking they could make it to heaven by their own goodness/works. God doesn't grade on a curve. If you sin once, you are guilty of all sin. Everyone needs Jesus as their Savior to be saved. That is what seperates Christianity from every other religion. Every other religion says you get to their heaven through your works/goodness and it places Salvation on you. With Christianity it isn't by what we do, it is by what Jesus did to earn our Salvation for us, all we have to do is receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior and we are saved.

The Bible say, "be slow to judge". There is a big difference between judging someone for being poor and letting a known felon in your home and judging. I would say it is more wisdom to not let a convicted child molester baby sit you children. Just because you may forgive the said molester doesn't mean you have to trust them with your kids alone. The Bible also says, "those that compare themselves among themselves are not wise.". So, when a rich person judges a poor person and thinks thinks they are "better" than them because they have money. That is an evil way to judge. That is similar to what the scribes a pharisees use to do, thinking they were better than everyone else and Jesus rebuked them and called them white sepluchres full of dead men's bones.

In a perfect world all Christians would be perfect. But, the truth is we all fail at times, some more than others, but you won't find a perfect example unless you look at Jesus. I learned long ago not to look at man for my example, I look at Jesus because he never lets me down.

Comment

Working...
                                X