No announcement yet.

2012 vs 2008 number way down for dems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 vs 2008 number way down for dems.

There was around 10.9 million less votes this time around when compared to 2008.

Obama garnered around 9 million less votes this time.

Romney garnered around 1.9 million less votes than McCain in 2008.

The majority of the votes lost was in Obama's column (voters remorse).

If all states used a proportionate electoral vote like in Maine and Nebraska. Romney would have won.

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
    There was around 10.9 million less votes this time around when compared to 2008.

Obama garnered around 9 million less votes this time.

Romney garnered around 1.9 million less votes than McCain in 2008.

The majority of the votes lost was in Obama's column (voters remorse).

If all states used a proportionate electoral vote like in Maine and Nebraska. Romney would have won.
    Electoral votes are a thing of the past where it took weeks to count and relay voting results, it needs to go away.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      Electoral votes are a thing of the past where it took weeks to count and relay voting results, it needs to go away.

Stevo
      So, do you think we should do a "popular" vote or should we proportion votes by congressional districts like in Maine and Nebraska?

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
        So, do you think we should do a "popular" vote or should we proportion votes by congressional districts like in Maine and Nebraska?
        popular vote ends all the BS redistricting tactics.

How on earth did 11 million people not go out to vote this time around?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post

I was having a harder time finding people who voted when I was talking in my day to day with customers.

Apparently some are under the impression that thier vote is useless, the electoral college will vote for whomever reguardless of who actually one election.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

This.....

You would still have redistricting issues remaining in the state races though.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
              This.....

You would still have redistricting issues remaining in the state races though.
              Listening to Rush right now and he is using 3 million less repubs voting this time. so it's even worse than this 1.9 million....

My guess is that all the "polls" said Romney was in the lead and romney gaining momentum told all the busy repubs that they were covered if they didn't need to go vote so they could stay at work and not be bothered.

Comment

Too bad that Romney didn't win the popular vote and lose. Because it would get more red states involved. Halfway there as of now.

State status: AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY The National Popular Vote bill would guarantee the Presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes in all 50 states and the District of Columbia (Explanation). It has been enacted into law by 17 states and DC with 209 electoral votes (Status in the states). It needs an additional 61 electoral votes to go into effect.

Comment

The Republican party is literally dying off faster than it can be replaced. Playing musical chairs with the numbers and playing Monday morning quarterback can get you any result you please. The sooner the party realizes the reality of presidential elections and makes the appropriate changes the sooner they can win.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    The Republican party is literally dying off faster than it can be replaced. Playing musical chairs with the numbers and playing Monday morning quarterback can get you any result you please. The sooner the party realizes the reality of presidential elections and makes the appropriate changes the sooner they can win.
                    you may be right...if so, they need to bring in or merge with the libertarians and the Tea Party ASAP. You might be surprised how many conservative democrats stop voting straight democrat tickets and things start to turn around.

eh...I'm going to go clean my guns and block the "news" channels for the next 4 years.

Comment

Stand by for Tea Party v2.0 in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                        Stand by for Tea Party v2.0 in a couple of years.
                        I'm all for it if we can just drop the religous right that keeps stepping in it and riling up the libs.

I used to be against gov't paying for abortions but honestly in hind sight, a $2500 abortion is far cheaper than a lifetime of welfare for said child. Maybe if we present it that way to uber pro-lifers they will finally learn to shut up.

Comment

I'm all for it if we can just drop the religous right that keeps stepping in it and riling up the libs.

I used to be against gov't paying for abortions but honestly in hind sight, a $2500 abortion is far cheaper than a lifetime of welfare for said child. Maybe if we present it that way to uber pro-lifers they will finally learn to shut up.
                          And if we just executed anyone not making an A in school, we'd have a nation of scholars. Maybe if we presented it to libs that way, they'd learn to shut up
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            And if we just executed anyone not making an A in school, we'd have a nation of scholars. Maybe if we presented it to libs that way, they'd learn to shut up
                            what?

Comment

what?
                              A most excellent analogy, if I do say so myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X