Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Semi Auto Shotguns? Beretta 1301 Tactical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
    Had a 930, loved it, ran great never had an issue
    They tend to gag if the shells you are shooting have double base powder in them.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      The binelli m4 is the gold standard. I have a mk3 stoeger. Given current pricing the 1301 would be my pick.
      Eh. The M2 is a better gun for regular users. The M4 is a touch over built and heavy, comparatively. The M2 regulary shows up for less than half what the M4 costs. That ball bag Nutnfancy didn't like it because it wouldn't run the cheapest low-brass dove load from Walmart for him. Meanwhile, hunters all over the country run M2 field guns on the cheapest dove load available without incident.

The truth, Jose, is that all semi-autos have quirks, and need to be run by the user to get any issues to surface. The 1301 is rad, and my favorite, but you need to put a guard over the shell release to avoid accidentally hitting it. If you hit it with a shell in the chamber and a loaded tube, it will let two shells out above the feeder/lifter and jam up the whole gun. The additional guard is in my opinion mandatory.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I have a Remington 1100 tactical that has never missed a lick if you use high-powered ammo in it. My personal favorite semi-auto tactical is an old Winchester Super X model 1 that I cut down a field barrel and added an extended magazine tube to it. The most reliable shotgun I have ever had my hands on and one I have trusted my life to on multiple occasions is a Winchester Model 12 Riot gun, it was sold to the Angola prison in 1927 and I've never figured out the circuitous route that it took to wind up in my hands.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Not an auto but, I still wanna get a shockwave.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

This is a bird gun, but I have a cheap ass Tristar Raptor 12g semi auto camo and that gun has been freaking amazing! I have a nib beretta A300 sitting in closet, and been using the Tristar so far this season haha, ol faithful. It’s been through atleast 6 dove seasons, and multiple Elm fork trips without a hiccup.
            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
              Not an auto but, I still wanna get a shockwave.
              The shockwave is cool, but I prefer the Tac 14 hardwood. They’ve been hell to find, but I ended up with two.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                Eh. The M2 is a better gun for regular users. The M4 is a touch over built and heavy, comparatively. The M2 regulary shows up for less than half what the M4 costs. That ball bag Nutnfancy didn't like it because it wouldn't run the cheapest low-brass dove load from Walmart for him. Meanwhile, hunters all over the country run M2 field guns on the cheapest dove load available without incident.

The truth, Jose, is that all semi-autos have quirks, and need to be run by the user to get any issues to surface. The 1301 is rad, and my favorite, but you need to put a guard over the shell release to avoid accidentally hitting it. If you hit it with a shell in the chamber and a loaded tube, it will let two shells out above the feeder/lifter and jam up the whole gun. The additional guard is in my opinion mandatory.
                Probably should have mentioned it before but I already bought the 1301. I've only run about 100 shells through it, mostly birdshot but 4 or 5 boxes of buck shot as well. So far it's run everything without a hiccup. I figure if there wasn't any problems running the birdshot it might just feed everything. Planning on running some slugs and more buckshot next time I take it out.

Would have loved to have a Benelli but can't afford it. Got a good deal on the 1301 and happy enough with it that I sold my Winchester 1300. Need to find a good sling for it and buy more shells

Comment

Oh, might eventually get a Tac 14 with plans to SBS it later on.

Comment

I added a limbsaver recoil pad on my 1301 Tac and it made it more pleasant to shoot. My pump i can run all day just fine, but the 1301 was just a beating to fire without the limbsaver.

Comment

If you're going bird hunting with a semi auto and there is any sand or moisture in the air take a pump with you. Semi autos are a bit of a pain to get jams worked out. I run a cheap Maverick 88 12GA you can pick up at any academy for less than $200. It's very light weight and reliable as hell. It's been the best damn shotgun I've ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        Probably should have mentioned it before but I already bought the 1301. I've only run about 100 shells through it, mostly birdshot but 4 or 5 boxes of buck shot as well. So far it's run everything without a hiccup. I figure if there wasn't any problems running the birdshot it might just feed everything. Planning on running some slugs and more buckshot next time I take it out.

Would have loved to have a Benelli but can't afford it. Got a good deal on the 1301 and happy enough with it that I sold my Winchester 1300. Need to find a good sling for it and buy more shells
                        Sweet man! Glad you like it. Here's that shroud, in case you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                          If you're going bird hunting with a semi auto and there is any sand or moisture in the air take a pump with you. Semi autos are a bit of a pain to get jams worked out. I run a cheap Maverick 88 12GA you can pick up at any academy for less than $200. It's very light weight and reliable as hell. It's been the best damn shotgun I've ever owned.
                          There is a reason A5s ruled the roost in duck blinds for 50 + years and it is not because it was unreliable. It would function when nothing else would, even a pump.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            There is a reason A5s ruled the roost in duck blinds for 50 + years and it is not because it was unreliable. It would function when nothing else would, even a pump.
                            I went with a couple of buddies to their lease out west in ballinger and they both had Browning A5's and were jamming up left and right from all the sand and I kept right on popping off shots. They both were pissed and ran to academy in Abilene and picked up a few 88's on the way back to home.

Comment

I went with a couple of buddies to their lease out west in ballinger and they both had Browning A5's and were jamming up left and right from all the sand and I kept right on popping off shots. They both were pissed and ran to academy in Abilene and picked up a few 88's on the way back to home.
                              And A5 can be covered in sand and be nearly full of sand and still function so I'm not buying your story. If an A5 is not functioning it's because it's not adjusted correctly or the primer got wet.

Edit: you do know that I'm talking about a shotgun that first hit the market 1905 don't you and not the new POS that is called in an A5?
                              Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-07-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

A5's are load picky. That's no secret. That said, I wouldn't be shocked if they were old guns your buddies found in their grandpas' closets, and they don't know dick about getting them running correctly, and didn't bother testing them before heading to a dove hunt. That is a song as old as shotguns. No maintenance and no practice makes for a disappointing hunt. The fact is the new production semi-autos run better and longer than any pump. The biggest rental ranges in the country have said REPEATEDLY that it would be cheaper for them to buy Benelli M4's over Mossberg pumps, but the customers want pumps at rental ranges. Sure, springs and seals wear out, but they don't bend action bars like pumps, and when that happens, your pump is done. Some revolver guys are under the same delusion, and have never shot enough to get a bullet to jump a crimp and lock up a cylinder on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X