Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > DFW Sports Central

DFW Sports Central Forum for all Sports related discussion

Old 01-06-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

Default Boy's vs Ram's...

Sorry ass Bears!

We might have a better shot at the Rams than going to the Dome and that VooDoo shit going on down there...
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

I’d much rather us take on the Rams. Good games this weekend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #3
BradM
Bad Santa

Fuck playing the Saints again. They have hate in their heart. We have to catch the Rams expecting to win. Just like the Saints did.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
Silverback
It's all in the reflexes

I’d rather see what we can do with the Rams. We’ve already beat the saints and the Eagles (twice). If the cowboys can beat the Rams, I think they have a great shot getting past the other two in the nfc championship game.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:45 PM   #5
AnthonyS
Lifer

Well it was a better year than expected. Maybe the coaching will improve as a result of this experience. Put a fork in this season; it’s done.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #6
slow99
Genetically Blessed

I see we opened as a 7.0 point dog. I'd rather play the Rams than the Saints.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Last edited by slow99; 01-06-2019 at 10:19 PM.
slow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #7
The King
Lifer

'Boys 24
Rams 28

Not a blowout prediction by any means, and the Cowboys could pull off the upset in my opinion. I think they will definitely cover the point spread.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:19 AM   #8
Juiced4v
El Coyote

We have a better chance beating the Rams since their field will be 50/50 fans. If we can get Dak/Zeke to play a solid game everything else will fall into place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1
Juiced4v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:25 AM   #9
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4v View Post
We have a better chance beating the Rams since their field will be 50/50 fans. If we can get Dak/Zeke to play a solid game everything else will fall into place.
And the Defense! They will have a challenge for sure. I don't have a feeling today on who will win, but I think it will be closer than 7 points for sure.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:09 AM   #10
bcoop
Lifer

Agree with others in that Rams are the better matchup for us at this point. Goff has been cold for all of December, except the game against the 49ers. Gurley only has 2 games over 100 yds going back 5 games, one against Detroit and one against Seattle.

Dallas D is better than both of those. I'm optimistic about this next matchup. If pedestrian Goff shows up, this is a win.

So infuriating watch Dak play. I don't understand how he can be so inconsistent but come up big when it counts. I mean I'll take it, he has a winner's mentality. He just doesn't look like a franchise QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #11
Juiced4v
El Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Agree with others in that Rams are the better matchup for us at this point. Goff has been cold for all of December, except the game against the 49ers. Gurley only has 2 games over 100 yds going back 5 games, one against Detroit and one against Seattle.

Dallas D is better than both of those. I'm optimistic about this next matchup. If pedestrian Goff shows up, this is a win.

So infuriating watch Dak play. I don't understand how he can be so inconsistent but come up big when it counts. I mean I'll take it, he has a winner's mentality. He just doesn't look like a franchise QB.
I know...I feel the same about Dak. He did make the big plays at the end to help us win the game...but man I pulled half my hair out during the game.
Quote:

Old 01-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #12
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4v View Post
I know...I feel the same about Dak. He did make the big plays at the end to help us win the game...but man I pulled half my hair out during the game.

He has zero accuracy down the field. The "long" one he hit to Cooper this week was while he was standing still wide open. For the most part, anything over 15 yards, it seems like he just throws it up and hopes for the best, with no real feel for how far it will go. Forget about hitting anyone in stride. To be honest, I like to see him run the ball. I know we can't afford for him to get hurt, but he's dangerous on his feet, and I think we need more designed QB run plays or at least have him tuck and run a little sooner when no one is open. The defenses can't afford to keep a spy on him, and if they do, we should be able to exploit that with single coverage on Cooper or Zeke in the flat. That said, I'm just a dude at home watching this shit on TV, happy to see them win.
jluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #13
Silverback
It's all in the reflexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
He has zero accuracy down the field. The "long" one he hit to Cooper this week was while he was standing still wide open. For the most part, anything over 15 yards, it seems like he just throws it up and hopes for the best, with no real feel for how far it will go. Forget about hitting anyone in stride. To be honest, I like to see him run the ball. I know we can't afford for him to get hurt, but he's dangerous on his feet, and I think we need more designed QB run plays or at least have him tuck and run a little sooner when no one is open. The defenses can't afford to keep a spy on him, and if they do, we should be able to exploit that with single coverage on Cooper or Zeke in the flat. That said, I'm just a dude at home watching this shit on TV, happy to see them win.
go watch some of his college stuff, he was much more comfortable on the move, and throwing on the run than he is now that they are trying to keep him in the pocket more. I agree with his accuracy issues, but you have to love a guy who doesn't get in his own head, who wants to win and really does everything he can to win. I still stand by my thought that Kellen Moore as his QB coach is part of the problem. They need to get him a QB Coach/OC who's willing to design plays around his strengths rather than force him into a pocket passer, which he's just not.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #14
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
go watch some of his college stuff, he was much more comfortable on the move, and throwing on the run than he is now that they are trying to keep him in the pocket more. I agree with his accuracy issues, but you have to love a guy who doesn't get in his own head, who wants to win and really does everything he can to win. I still stand by my thought that Kellen Moore as his QB coach is part of the problem. They need to get him a QB Coach/OC who's willing to design plays around his strengths rather than force him into a pocket passer, which he's just not.
We are never gonna get Dak to be better under KM and Linehan. Surely Stephen can convince dad this offseason......
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:39 PM   #15
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

The few times I have been to SoCal, nothing but Cowboys fans everywhere!

We should have homefield advantage with Thousand Oaks so close to L.A., should be an interesting game. I also agree that playing the Rams was better than playing the Aint's in the dome but, "maaaaan I hate the fucking Eagles!"
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #16
Juiced4v
El Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
The few times I have been to SoCal, nothing but Cowboys fans everywhere!

We should have homefield advantage with Thousand Oaks so close to L.A., should be an interesting game. I also agree that playing the Rams was better than playing the Aint's in the dome but, "maaaaan I hate the fucking Eagles!"
This....we have to hear them for another week...I hope N.O rips them a new one...I just hoped they played the early game (before us) so now have to wait until Sunday to see the outcome of their game.
Quote:

Old 01-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #17
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER

I know this sounds weird but, doesnt Dak feel like a Kapernick clone from his style of play?
mstng86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #18
pHILSANITY07
The Rams Do Not Suck

If this game starts with our offense clicking and going down the field. Then Dallas is going to have to score TD's in the Red Zone. If they don't, it's going to get out of hand.

One thing that Dallas has is Zeke. Who will face a horrible Ram run defense. So if Dallas can play like they did against the Saints. Have long drives and take time off the board. Then Dallas has a major chance of winning. That's if they cash in every drive in the Red Zone.

Umm, I'll go 31-24 Rams

2017 NFC West Division Champions
pHILSANITY07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #19
yellowstang
Lifer

If the sorry ass Bronco defense could keep the Rams offense down, the Dallas D should do better!
Dallas - 24
Rams - 21
yellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #20
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

I think cowboys or rams win this one! 1 of those teams definitely gonna win
Captain Crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cfish nailed it again, cocks vs peens, needed more clapping, there's always next year, trannys vs traps