DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > The Racing Lounge

The Racing Lounge Track events and results, kill stories.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #21
musclestang89
Lifer
 
musclestang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 10,991
Default

lol oh man, i will continue to watch it though. im sure it wont last long though. i'm dieing to hear boosted just chime in on this. Come on Chris give us the low down. The list thing even real up there?
musclestang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #22
Mysticcobrakilla
Paterpillar
 
Mysticcobrakilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 5,687
Default

This show sucks.
Mysticcobrakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #23
musclestang89
Lifer
 
musclestang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 10,991
Default

from facebook, boostedgt will be in the next season. what i just read.
musclestang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #24
jason07
formerly 88hatch5_0
 
jason07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 5,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclestang89 View Post
from facebook, boostedgt will be in the next season. what i just read.
We filmed an episode already with BoostedGT, I would imagine it will air this season.
__________________
jason07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
musclestang89
Lifer
 
musclestang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 10,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason07 View Post
We filmed an episode already with BoostedGT, I would imagine it will air this season.

cool, i'll keep my dvr recording just in case i forget about it one day.

tell him to hurry up on the new car.
musclestang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
jason07
formerly 88hatch5_0
 
jason07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 5,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclestang89 View Post
cool, i'll keep my dvr recording just in case i forget about it one day.

tell him to hurry up on the new car.
It will be together, it will be quite the thrashing to get it together. It will be damn nice though!
__________________
jason07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #27
582nova
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 403
Default

Yes the list is real, nothing on the show is staged that is how those guys up there live there life's. Chris and a few others from here will be on one of the last episodes this year.
582nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #28
4bangen
©4bangen©
 
4bangen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,690
Default

The show needs less talking and "pranks", and more racing!
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #29
Sleeper
cheesecake
 
Sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 10,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
The show needs less talking and "pranks", and more racing!

I agree, but remember its television. That list bull shit is retarded as hell.
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #30
Big Thumper
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 326
Default

I thought it was boring. I'm not into the drama associated with street racing. Its too easy to race at the track.
Big Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #31
BoostedGT
Lifer
 
BoostedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burleson
Posts: 4,145
Default

You guys need to put yourself in the Discovery Channel's shoes... They are trying to cater to the biggest audience as possible. Believe it or not, racing may interest only about 10%-15% of the population. So the other 85% has to be hooked somehow and that is with dramatic scenarios. Trust me, I would love to have a show on national television that showed race after race after race for an hour straight every Monday night at 9pm. Try not to be so critical of it. Sit back, have a few laughs and see some badass cars race. Only suggestion I have is to turn the damn *beep* button off. Just blank out what they are saying. That damn beep button was driving me nuts.
__________________
2004 Cobra
www.boostedgt.com
www.teamzmotorsports.net
BoostedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #32
BP
infidel
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 19,174
Default

The coolest thing I saw was Chief's truck and all it did was race a stock looking LT1 Camaro. I'm sure some of the faster cars are pretty decent but nothing real exciting so far.

Fastest street cars in the country? Maybe in the county. They should all head down to a Texas Mile race and see what they can do with a 1500hp Gallardo.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #33
BoostedGT
Lifer
 
BoostedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burleson
Posts: 4,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Fastest street cars in the country? Maybe in the county. They should all head down to a Texas Mile race and see what they can do with a 1500hp Gallardo.
You aren't comparing apples to apples. A 1500hp Gallardo will lose by a bunch of bus lengths to the 1/8th mile, a couple bus lengths to the 1/4, and will blow the doors off these cars to the mile.
__________________
2004 Cobra
www.boostedgt.com
www.teamzmotorsports.net
BoostedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #34
MattB
wat
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Dallas/Houston/Vegas
Posts: 13,799
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedGT View Post
You aren't comparing apples to apples. A 1500hp Gallardo will lose by a bunch of bus lengths to the 1/8th mile, a couple bus lengths to the 1/4, and will blow the doors off these cars to the mile.
I'm sure ol farm truck will put bus lengths on 1500hp Gallardos in the 1/4!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #35
BoostedGT
Lifer
 
BoostedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burleson
Posts: 4,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
I'm sure ol farm truck will put bus lengths on 1500hp Gallardos in the 1/4!
What does the fastest Gallardo go to the 1/4 mile? Does it make 1500hp? Just wondering. I don't know.
__________________
2004 Cobra
www.boostedgt.com
www.teamzmotorsports.net
BoostedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #36
Hunter
Lifer
 
Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 807
Default

I thought it was ok. Ill watch it again. Damn sure better than a lot of the other shows on tv these days.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #37
BoostedGT
Lifer
 
BoostedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burleson
Posts: 4,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I thought it was ok. Ill watch it again. Damn sure better than a lot of the other shows on tv these days.
I think Dancing with the Stars is on at the same time as this show... Theres always an alternative.
__________________
2004 Cobra
www.boostedgt.com
www.teamzmotorsports.net
BoostedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #38
MattB
wat
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Dallas/Houston/Vegas
Posts: 13,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedGT View Post
What does the fastest Gallardo go to the 1/4 mile? Does it make 1500hp? Just wondering. I don't know.
Like I said, I'm sure the Farm Truck would put bus lengths on it, but I know of one that runs 8.30's @ 180+ AWD on street tires.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #39
BoostedGT
Lifer
 
BoostedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burleson
Posts: 4,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Like I said, I'm sure the Farm Truck would put bus lengths on it, but I know of one that runs 8.30's @ 180+ AWD on street tires.
If it runs that to the 1/4 then I will concede. The farm truck will not beat it. What does it run to the 1/8th? Do you know?
__________________
2004 Cobra
www.boostedgt.com
www.teamzmotorsports.net
BoostedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #40
4bangen
©4bangen©
 
4bangen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedGT View Post
You guys need to put yourself in the Discovery Channel's shoes... They are trying to cater to the biggest audience as possible. Believe it or not, racing may interest only about 10%-15% of the population. So the other 85% has to be hooked somehow and that is with dramatic scenarios. Trust me, I would love to have a show on national television that showed race after race after race for an hour straight every Monday night at 9pm. Try not to be so critical of it. Sit back, have a few laughs and see some badass cars race. Only suggestion I have is to turn the damn *beep* button off. Just blank out what they are saying. That damn beep button was driving me nuts.
Oh I'll watch it, hell I can't stand Gas Monkey but I watch every week and scream at the TV!
Can't wait to see you on there man, I friggen love that GT of yours. Combine that with watching a local whoop some ass, hell I may watch it twice. lol
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nay raped by gay truckers, naynay be watching tonite, rabid stalking daddy dave, svo original outlaw, will rape butthole

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.