DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #321
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
The first two times you'll be sitting in your bathroom for a solid 15 minutes trying to stick yourself while in a full blown sweat. It wasn't natural to self inflict bodily pain.

After few times, it's nothing. I actually have a small area that must not have many nerves cause it just glides in like warm butter.
I never did it myself, but it seems like there is a golden rule to using gear:

You don't get to keep your gains.

Long as you remember that, and you're cool with it, I guess all is well (enough) as long as you don't overdo it so you don't get the whole enlarged heart thing. But yeah I worked at a gym for a long time back in the 2000's, and I'm just a lifelong gym rat and that's what I've seen. You don't get to keep your gains. After you stop doing it, you deflate significantly. If anybody out there ever came up with a reliable way to keep the gains, I'd be interested to hear about it. Might convince me to do it for the first time, but eh, I doubt it. I've also seen some guy pull the gym door off to get in when his subscription got cancelled. So that was also a strike against it.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #322
Big A
Lifer

We are talking about administering one's own TRT shots numbnuts, not juicing. That aside, you are completely incorrect, certain compounds will help the body to grow muscle tissue, thus netting more strength post cycle. Go pound out a few more sets in front of that wooden dumbbell rack of yours.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #323
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Trt is juicing whether you want to agree or not.

You are artificially increasing your testosterone beyond normal levels. Will I consider it when I'm older? Hell yeah!!!! But im not going to pretend im doing it for any reason other than what everyone else who juices does it for.

Look at all the 55+ year old dudes at the gym unnaturally ripped. That's TRT more often than not...and it ain't natural.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:23 PM   #324
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Just me happy that theres a legal Avenue to juice
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:04 AM   #325
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

You are artificially increasing your testosterone beyond normal levels. Will I consider it when I'm older? Hell yeah!!!! But im not going to pretend im doing it for any reason other than what everyone else who juices does it for.

Look at all the 55+ year old dudes at the gym unnaturally ripped. That's TRT more often than not...and it ain't natural.
That's just it, it's not beyond normal levels, the intent of TRT is to get a guy back to normal levels. I tested in the 800's a few years ago, came in at 300 when I started TRT a month and a half ago, and am now back in the mid 500's (with the goal being to get back into the 800's). There has been no performance increase, nor have I gained any weight. Just the opposite actually, I'm in a calorie deficit, slowly losing weight (about a lb per week), and strength is on a slight decline. All of the benefits are related to general health, and mental clarity/attitude, nothing monumental at this point, and I don't expect 800 ng/dl to be much different, nor will I be besting any PR's. That's my experience as a life long gym rat, the majority of men on TRT don't even lift, they do it to feel and sleep better.

Those dudes that are ripped at 50 put in the work, have a stellar diet, and have been in good shape their entire adult life. If they are ripped because of gear, they aren't on TRT dosages/T levels. Test-only cycles can absolutely pack on the pounds, but we are talking about dosages that are 5 to 10 times the amount per week.

There's been so little change for me that if I'm not feeling noticeably better at the 6 month mark, I won't be wasting the time or money any longer.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:35 AM   #326
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Uh Juicing is HGH, or steriods.

TRT, or Testosterone Replacement Therapy is testosterone to replace that that is lost or low for whatever reason. So someone who naturally produces testosterone would be over what the "normal" range is, if they were taking testosterone. Someone that isnt producing it at a normal level doesnt really have any advantage over the person that makes it naturally by taking a dose that is within the same range.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:58 AM   #327
SS Junk
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
There's been so little change for me that if I'm not feeling noticeably better at the 6 month mark, I won't be wasting the time or money any longer.
This is a reason why I don't even want to bother even if I'm lower than normal, at least for now. I'm happy where I'm at gym wise. Haven't yet experienced any symptoms, so I think I'm just going to stay away from it for now. I'll get blood work done next physical when I turn 50.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #328
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
This is a reason why I don't even want to bother even if I'm lower than normal, at least for now. I'm happy where I'm at gym wise. Haven't yet experienced any symptoms, so I think I'm just going to stay away from it for now. I'll get blood work done next physical when I turn 50.
This last go 'round I went in honestly expecting to verify that my test hadn't dropped much as I hadn't really noticed a change, but came to find that the change is so subtle that I simply hadn't noticed. Now that levels are coming back up I can definitely see where I had become a bit complacent, even uninterested in life to a point. I didn't see it as a problem, though I will say that I do feel a tad more alive in a positive sense, with more energy to chase our 3 year old around with, which I'm expecting to get better.

If it aint broke don't fix it, but you just may not be aware of what could be improved.

Tags
hit me bro, p.e.d. pin erry day, svo was mr olympia, yo mama, you gonna die