DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #21
Scott Mc
Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBScobravert View Post
thanks for turning me on to Joe Rogan's podcasts. I never listen to anyone on this format. But have been listening for hours.

Found his interview with Mark Sissons fascinating.

https://youtu.be/Nwd6InD2nDk
Check out podcast #911 lol
Scott Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #22
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

I lost 8 pounds a week on negative calorie foods a couple years ago. I havent done it without a gallbladder, but I've been thinking about doing it again recently. With the amount of house crap we've been dealing with, I havent made a meal at home more than a handful of times in a month.

There's no way I could do water only. For more than a few hours.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #23
Wish4svts
Ricks detailing

I was crazy hungry on day 2 and a little day 3, days 4-6 were the easiest! I was water only, no coffee or tea.

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"
Wish4svts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:56 AM   #24
no4njnk
Lifer

I have done 48 hour fast but nothing longer yet. The science is showing how helpful it is but it is dang hard to do with a 2 year old.
no4njnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:00 AM   #25
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
I lost 8 pounds a week on negative calorie foods a couple years ago. I havent done it without a gallbladder, but I've been thinking about doing it again recently. With the amount of house crap we've been dealing with, I havent made a meal at home more than a handful of times in a month.

There's no way I could do water only. For more than a few hours.
I thought the same thing. I did 24 hrs yesterday (dinner Sunday to dinner Monday). It wasn't too bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:38 AM   #26
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

I only made it 53ish hours.

Woke up this morning with absolutely no energy. Had to make my rounds on base and just felt like shit. So I made the decision it was time to eat.

Before I ate though, I jumped on a scale. Wearing only skivies and socks I weighed in at 184 dead even. The day before I started I weighed after my shower with just a towel at 188. So I calculate a solid 4 pound loss.

First meal was just 3 slices of deli cut ham, 3 slices of cheese and a tortilla for a wrap. It went straight through me. But an hour to two later I felt great. Energy right back up.

Around hour 30 I started using Ketone urine test strips with each piss. The color indicator as of the first test at 30 showed I was getting a small trace of Ketones in my urine. Then by hour 48 I was getting a moderate. So I was burning fat.

I fucked up starting right after a small breakfast without planning at 0715. And that meal came 17 hours after the meal before it at 1415 the previous day. In the future, I will start after a dinner meal at 1800.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-13-2017 at 06:45 AM.
KBScobravert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #27
D. Lil
Lifer

Quote:
thanks for turning me on to Joe Rogan's podcasts. I never listen to anyone on this format. But have been listening for hours.

Found his interview with Mark Sissons fascinating.

https://youtu.be/Nwd6InD2nDk
Absolutely! He always has really interesting, diverse people on. If you want to really have your mind blown listen to one with Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock!
D. Lil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #28
D. Lil
Lifer

Quote:
I only made it 53ish hours.

Woke up this morning with absolutely no energy. Had to make my rounds on base and just felt like shit. So I made the decision it was time to eat.

Before I ate though, I jumped on a scale. Wearing only skivies and socks I weighed in at 184 dead even. The day before I started I weighed after my shower with just a towel at 188. So I calculate a solid 4 pound loss.

First meal was just 3 slices of deli cut ham, 3 slices of cheese and a tortilla for a wrap. It went straight through me. But an hour to two later I felt great. Energy right back up.

Around hour 30 I started using Ketone urine test strips with each piss. The color indicator as of the first test at 30 showed I was getting a small trace of Ketones in my urine. Then by hour 48 I was getting a moderate. So I was burning fat.

I fucked up starting right after a small breakfast without planning at 0715. And that meal came 17 hours after the meal before it at 1415 the previous day. In the future, I will start after a dinner meal at 1800.

Nice man! Yeah, that's what this book I'm reading has said. If you start feeling shitty just call it and eat. And yeah I think it's probably best to have dinner be your last meal. That's what I did my last fast (it was also cheat day so I fucking pigged out). Gunna do it again after cheat day on Friday! Gunna shoot for 4 days this time. And I'm still down 4 pounds since my last fast about 2 weeks ago by eating low/no carb during the week except for 2 cheat days.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #29
Mach1
rm -rf /

I've been hung up on doing this for a while, still haven't executed though, lots of great info on the Ferriss podcasts that I've listened to. My biggest issue would be caffeine, I guess I could drop the coffee and just take a caffeine pill. I can't do straight black coffee, maybe I should try harder :-O
Old 06-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #30
Gasser64
Lifer

Cool story bros:

I have a friend that is just one of those odd people who... for some reason just doesn't get very hungry. One of those skinny guys who doesn't eat much. He told me that it seemed a bit odd to him too, when he began to notice how much other people actually eat. So last year he decided to see how long it would take him to get hungry. 3 days. He didn't eat for 3 days and wasn't hungry until near the end of the 3rd day. I ain't wired that way. My stomach is bitching at me after about 4 hours after waking up.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #31
D. Lil
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
Cool story bros:

I have a friend that is just one of those odd people who... for some reason just doesn't get very hungry. One of those skinny guys who doesn't eat much. He told me that it seemed a bit odd to him too, when he began to notice how much other people actually eat. So last year he decided to see how long it would take him to get hungry. 3 days. He didn't eat for 3 days and wasn't hungry until near the end of the 3rd day. I ain't wired that way. My stomach is bitching at me after about 4 hours after waking up.
Bottom line, you will never know until you try. In my experience, after the first meal you skip, the hunger is the worst but it never gets worse than that.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #32
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

The thread interested me, so I did a 60 hour water fast. With a house warming party tonight and Father's Day tomorrow, I ended it at the 60 hour mark. I'll be damned if I miss my fajitas tomorrow. I had 5 pointed observations:

1. The hunger pangs from 24-36 hours were the worst. Absolutely brutal. After that they were very manageable.
2. The last of focus on day 1 was absurd. I was irritable and my head felt like soup.
3. I could easily have slept 9-10 hours a night like I read about. Being a full time dad and having to get up at 6am for work hindered that.
4. I wish I had keto strips. I mean, you piss on the hour the first 36 hours. I drank over a gallon every day. I was still pissing yellow after 48 hours.
5. The manageability of it after 48 hours was easy. The first 2 days are definitely the tipping point. Hunger went away quick whenever it came up, I'd just drink more water.

I'm going to do it again, I'll just plan better. I need to do a 5 day where I won't run into a busy holiday weekend for sure. In 60 hours, I went from 163.4lbs to 154.2lbs, which was surprising. It was a fun experiment and I'll do it again soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #33
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
The thread interested me, so I did a 60 hour water fast. With a house warming party tonight and Father's Day tomorrow, I ended it at the 60 hour mark. I'll be damned if I miss my fajitas tomorrow. I had 5 pointed observations:

1. The hunger pangs from 24-36 hours were the worst. Absolutely brutal. After that they were very manageable.
2. The last of focus on day 1 was absurd. I was irritable and my head felt like soup.
3. I could easily have slept 9-10 hours a night like I read about. Being a full time dad and having to get up at 6am for work hindered that.
4. I wish I had keto strips. I mean, you piss on the hour the first 36 hours. I drank over a gallon every day. I was still pissing yellow after 48 hours.
5. The manageability of it after 48 hours was easy. The first 2 days are definitely the tipping point. Hunger went away quick whenever it came up, I'd just drink more water.

I'm going to do it again, I'll just plan better. I need to do a 5 day where I won't run into a busy holiday weekend for sure. In 60 hours, I went from 163.4lbs to 154.2lbs, which was surprising. It was a fun experiment and I'll do it again soon.
Good job.

I'm glad I had the test strips. 10 bucks at Walgreens/Cvs for 50 strips.

I'd be interested to see how much weight if any at all you put back on this first week. I dropped 4ish pounds and have held it off 5 days now. Doing a mild form of ketogenic diet. low low carbs (<50g) and no refined sugar and may be (<20). but have also kept up with my 17/7 intermittent fast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #34
Sean88gt
Avenge Me!

How bad is the tired (hunger) head?
Sean88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #35
Rafa
Lifer

Do any of you all take any vitamins at least, or just straight up water?
Thought about doing this, but wonder if you could take vitamins at least.
haven't done any more reading outside of this thread
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #36
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

I didn't ingest anything that would activate digestive enzymes or start a digestive process.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #37
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
First 36 hours absolutely suck. Focus sucks. Hunger pangs come in waves and were brutal. However, if you don't poon out, everything became very simple after 48 hours. I'd still be going if it wasn't for weekend festivities.
Quote:
Quote:
dont downshift!!
Old 06-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #38
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
Do any of you all take any vitamins at least, or just straight up water?
Thought about doing this, but wonder if you could take vitamins at least.
haven't done any more reading outside of this thread
Water only.
Quote:
Quote:
dont downshift!!
Old 06-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #39
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
First 36 hours absolutely suck. Focus sucks. Hunger pangs come in waves and were brutal. However, if you don't poon out, everything became very simple after 48 hours. I'd still be going if it wasn't for weekend festivities.
I only did 24 hours. The worst for me was about lunch time. (I did dinner to dinner) headaches were never really bad, and the hunger was manageable. Like everyone else, when I would get hungry I drank water. It may get more intense in the 24-36/48 hr time frame.

Observations:

I dropped a couple of pounds. 146 down to 144.

Any increase in mental clarity was marred by the thoughts of hunger and the mental fight.

I seemed to reset my eating habits allowing me to reduce my calorie intake. I am focusing on a 1500 cal diet to shed some of the fluff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:33 AM   #40
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

So yesterday I broke fast as mentioned. Ate 2 eggs and 1 slice of wheat toast. No gastro issues. Had a banana and a decent dinner around 6. Definitely shrunk up my stomach. Woke up this morning, no bowel movement, scale read 153.2, so I dropped another pound.

I had a few other motives behind doing this besides the "see if I can do it", one was to help get sugars out of my system and re-introduce food in a regulated manner. The next few weeks will be interesting.
Quote:
Quote:
dont downshift!!