DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 06-06-2019, 03:05 PM   #21
BradM
Bad Santa

And I have zero room to talk. I tried to avoid getting hit in a parking lot last Saturday and backed my truck into the truck behind me. My truck hasn't even had it's first oil change yet.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #22
Craizie
Not very WOKE
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
Dang man, it's a good thing you have all of these perfect drivers here to tell you everything you did wrong.
I hate back seat drivers.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #23
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Quote:
Dang man, it's a good thing you have all of these perfect drivers here to tell you everything you did wrong.
We didnt start a thread preaching about situational awareness that really should have been titled "why you shouldnt drive like an asshole and how it compromised my families safety".

None of us are perfect but none of us have started a thread like this either. Most of us would know that the main lesson was to drive safely and not shoot across lanes without looking. And if we did...we wouldn't start a thread preaching about the consequences of our actions.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #24
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Ruffdaddy has a habit of doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:38 PM   #25
Craizie
Not very WOKE
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Ruffdaddy has a habit of doing that.
Bet you wont ban him.
dont ban me either, it's just a joke bro.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:50 PM   #26
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
Bet you wont ban him.
dont ban me either, it's just a joke bro.
I donít have time for him, dude.
Quote:
Quote:
dont downshift!!
Old 06-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #27
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
We didnt start a thread preaching about situational awareness that really should have been titled "why you shouldnt drive like an asshole and how it compromised my families safety".

None of us are perfect but none of us have started a thread like this either. Most of us would know that the main lesson was to drive safely and not shoot across lanes without looking. And if we did...we wouldn't start a thread preaching about the consequences of our actions.
Dude, your right. Obviously the correct course of action would have been to immediately make my way to the shoulder, flag him down, ask him to get out of his truck so that I could apologize profusely for my actions and ask how I could ever make things right in the universe.

Obviously, sharing the story, admitting that I made a mistake, and encouraging people to stay aware of what is going on around them because you never know what people are going to do, was absolutely ludicrous!

Had I not being paying very close attention to my surroundings, I would have never known the guy was following me. He kept several car lengths distance, trying to not be noticed.

Sure, had I waited a 1/2 second more to merge into that lane, I would have saw him and it would be a non issue. Or, if I hadn't done that, someone else would have cut him off, not realized that he was following them, hoping to make them aware of their crime against humanity, and the story would have had a far worse outcome for that person than it did me.

So, lesson learned. I will stick to my model car thread, I am WAY too far from perfect to contribute to the main forum!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #28
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
I know right, I even beat them to the punch, openly admitting that I was initially in the wrong and fucked up. The place is starting to stink a little bit from the dead horse that keeps getting beat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
I know, right. Buncha glass house mf'ers in here.

I had a momentary lapse of reason and forgot what forum this is apparently! Though, the point of the story seems to have been missed by a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
More than once when I've fucked up when driving I've owned up to it whenever possible. Defensive driving classes I have taken for tickets always say not to make eye contact with a "road rage" person. It's horse shit. If you are inclined to take responsibility for a mistake then you should own up to it. That is mostly what drivers are looking for when a mistake is made.
That is pretty much the mentality that I have. In this day and age (case and point right here) you never know what kind of person is in that other vehicle. They may take your attempted high sign for an apology the wrong way, or it may just encourage some/more unwanted interaction. I made my apology by making sure that, after I made the error of course, I was not an obstacle to him or anyone behind him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
And I have zero room to talk. I tried to avoid getting hit in a parking lot last Saturday and backed my truck into the truck behind me. My truck hasn't even had it's first oil change yet.
Dude, you will never hear the end of this! I really hope that you found the owner, apologized, paid cash on the spot for repairs, mental anguish, and time off work. Mistakes are in now way tolerated here! ROFLMAO

Old 06-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #29
ELVIS
Disturbingly Handsome

send him some cakeballs!1

god bless.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #30
BradM
Bad Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
I know right, I even beat them to the punch, openly admitting that I was initially in the wrong and fucked up. The place is starting to stink a little bit from the dead horse that keeps getting beat!

Oh! And my favorite part! The dude was named Joe Bob.

I had a momentary lapse of reason and forgot what forum this is apparently! Though, the point of the story seems to have been missed by a few.

That is pretty much the mentality that I have. In this day and age (case and point right here) you never know what kind of person is in that other vehicle. They may take your attempted high sign for an apology the wrong way, or it may just encourage some/more unwanted interaction. I made my apology by making sure that, after I made the error of course, I was not an obstacle to him or anyone behind him.

Dude, you will never hear the end of this! I really hope that you found the owner, apologized, paid cash on the spot for repairs, mental anguish, and time off work. Mistakes are in now way tolerated here! ROFLMAO

He was following me and saw what happened. We exchanged insurance and I have already told them to accept fault. In real life I am the nicest person you will ever meet.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #31
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
He was following me and saw what happened. We exchanged insurance and I have already told them to accept fault. In real life I am the nicest person you will ever meet.
You might be spared then! I am a pretty OK fellow in real life as well. Despite my minor transgression at the on ramp yesterday, I try to be pretty courteous while driving to avoid road rage situations and of course the very scenario I found myself in!

Old 06-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #32
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
send him some cakeballs!1

god bless.
Roflmao. That Christmas season was CRAZY! I haven't made cake balls since then! I've thought about it a time or two, but just don't have the time!

Old 06-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #33
Craizie
Not very WOKE
VIP Member

Quote:
I donít have time for him, dude.
Good. That means you don't have time to ban me, too!
Old 06-06-2019, 05:51 PM   #34
Mysticcobrakilla
Paterpillar

Quote:
Bye!
Mysticcobrakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:48 PM   #35
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Donít get ahead of yourself Lewis, I can always make time for a sweet mouth like yours...
Quote:
Quote:
dont downshift!!
Old 06-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #36
cool cat
Lifer

Quote:
Ha! He will make time.
cool cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #37
BLAKE
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Ya got me there man.

Quote:
Donít get ahead of yourself Lewis, I can always make time for a sweet mouth like yours...
Donít do it! That would be more than my gentle heart could bear.
BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #38
fordracing19
Lifer

Just remember. Some ppl dont give a fuck and dont have anything to lose. Never know who is next to you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by fordracing19; 06-07-2019 at 10:50 AM.
fordracing19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:36 AM   #39
Craizie
Not very WOKE
VIP Member

Quote:
Ya got me there man.

Donít do it! That would be more than my gentle heart could bear.
Thanks for taking up for me, sugar.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:22 AM   #40
Avery'sDad
Echo chamber bane

Following people is just stupid.
http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ight=road+rage
Avery'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nay banged ur mom tho, nay woulda sucked his dik, ruff hit him w/his purse, ruff never makes mistakes, ruff will cnc u new balls, ruff would bed him, ruffdaddy always perfect, situational gayness, ur dad banged nay tho