DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > Builds > Project CMC Mustang Build

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
Mach1
rm -rf /
 
Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 8,819
Default Project CMC 2016 Update

Been a long time since an update.
2014 I got rookie of the year and finished 4th in points
2015 I was second in points and broke a crankshaft right before the season ended, this put me out of contention and I finished 7th in points.
2016 has been interesting, we have 4 races a weekend, first 2/3 of the season is over and I am leading in points right now. We also do inverted races to make thing interesting, so you invert the field for races 2 and 4, except Hallett we invert races 2 and 3. If you win R1, you start from the back for R2 and have to fight your way up to the front, etc.


January 23-24 MSR Houston Clockwise
Broke 3rd gear, 3550, 260hp
Sat:3rd,12th(over heating)
Sun:Pole, 1st, 3rd

March 12-13 MSR Cresson
Sat:3rd, 4th
Sun:Pole, 2nd, 3rd

April 22-24 Texas World Speedway
Broke crankshaft again, 260hp, loner car
Sat:10th, 8th
Sun:8th, 3rd

May 21-22 NOLA Motorsports Park
Sat:Pole, 1st, 1st
Sun:Pole, 1st, 1st

June 11-12 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit Summer Shootout
Wrecked by an amateur in a BMW during Test and Tune, front of car was pushed over roughly 16 inches. We used a truck to pull it back around 10 inches, taped up the nose, and proceeded to kick ass.
Sat:Pole, 1st, 3rd
Sun:1st, 1st, Track Lap Record








__________________
WTB:A9P Computer, please let me know if you have one.
Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
aggie97
A local track addict!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: College Station
Posts: 11,904
Default

Damn Tyler, Race 3 looked like a helluva drive. Car turns in like a champ!

What BMW was it that caused the damage? Amazing fix and Amazing job coming back from that to do so damn well!!!!! Many awesomes for you brother!!!!!

aggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #3
Mach1
rm -rf /
 
Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 8,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post
Damn Tyler, Race 3 looked like a helluva drive. Car turns in like a champ!

What BMW was it that caused the damage? Amazing fix and Amazing job coming back from that to do so damn well!!!!! Many awesomes for you brother!!!!!

Thank you!
Scott Landon E90 M3, I was really hoping he would offer to help with the repairs but I got nothing. He gave a point by, then went 4 off and came back across the track at a 90 degree angle to me.
__________________
WTB:A9P Computer, please let me know if you have one.
Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
aggie97
A local track addict!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: College Station
Posts: 11,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
Thank you!
Scott Landon E90 M3, I was really hoping he would offer to help with the repairs but I got nothing. He gave a point by, then went 4 off and came back across the track at a 90 degree angle to me.
Crap, I know Scott....then again, I know quite a few folks. He's usually more head's up than that...
aggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #5
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,338
Default

Tyler... do the words "Honey Badger" mean anything to you? Also... around the 5:50 mark (ish) of the hallet race, was "rubbing racing" there?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:03 AM   #6
Mach1
rm -rf /
 
Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 8,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
Tyler... do the words "Honey Badger" mean anything to you? Also... around the 5:50 mark (ish) of the hallet race, was "rubbing racing" there?
Don't give a fuck??? Lol, yeah had a little contact there, he said that his car pushed and we bumped a bit, almost sent me sailing.
__________________
WTB:A9P Computer, please let me know if you have one.
Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:11 AM   #7
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
Don't give a fuck??? Lol, yeah had a little contact there, he said that his car pushed and we bumped a bit, almost sent me sailing.
Don't give a fuck, AND just relentless looking for a way around man, good job.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
Mach1
rm -rf /
 
Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 8,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
Don't give a fuck, AND just relentless looking for a way around man, good job.
Thanks!
__________________
WTB:A9P Computer, please let me know if you have one.
Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #9
Mach1
rm -rf /
 
Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 8,819
Default

The stock airbox was crushed and destroyed, if anyone has a stock fox airbox/intake, let me know, it appears that most people trash them so they are kind of hard to find.
__________________
WTB:A9P Computer, please let me know if you have one.
Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #10
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,338
Default

You check with Whiteboy?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:05 PM   #11
Mach1
rm -rf /
 
Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 8,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
You check with Whiteboy?
Yeah, he said he would have to look for one.
__________________
WTB:A9P Computer, please let me know if you have one.
Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:05 PM   #12
jw33
These go to eleven...
 
jw33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Well, it's one louder, isn't it?
Posts: 11,690
Default

good job!
jw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #13
71chevellejohn
my Maserati does 185
 
71chevellejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arizona Bay.
Posts: 21,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
The stock airbox was crushed and destroyed, if anyone has a stock fox airbox/intake, let me know, it appears that most people trash them so they are kind of hard to find.
There's a *slim* chance mine is still laying around out at my boss's place. I'll have to check. It would be from an 87(not sure if there's a difference from a S/D to M/A car).
__________________
.
71chevellejohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:07 AM   #14
Mach1
rm -rf /
 
Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 8,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
There's a *slim* chance mine is still laying around out at my boss's place. I'll have to check. It would be from an 87(not sure if there's a difference from a S/D to M/A car).
It appears that they are the same, no huge rush, car wont be racing again for about a month, just trying to get my repairs in order.
__________________
WTB:A9P Computer, please let me know if you have one.
Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flanders +naynay =love, naynay lookin 4 gay lovin

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.