DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #1361
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Thanks George. I actually hit my goal weight of 175 3 or 4 days ago and I am 18 days from coming home. Time to set a new goal.

It's time to buy new pants too. These 34s are in desperate need to be replaced with some 32s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
Great progress Keith. Keep it up.

I've been having a hell of a time getting back down to 183. That was the lowest I got about a year ago and I've slowly gained back up to 194 this morning. My goal is actually 175 but I'd be happy just getting back to my lowest thus far.

I'm back to introducing more cardio and clean up my diet but damn it, this shit is hard.

Not to mention I'm taking a break from TRT. I probably have another month of my natty test boosters and I may get some blood work to see where I'm at naturally and go from there.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:20 AM   #1362
Probie
Don'tyouknowit'smebro?
VIP Member

I’m still alive. Finally found something I’ve been able to stick with and I’m noticing gains. 3 months ago I was sitting at 206 at 19%bf. I’ve been doing great on diet and workouts since then, gonna go get checked measured again first thurs of December
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...
Probie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #1363
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
Iím still alive. Finally found something Iíve been able to stick with and Iím noticing gains. 3 months ago I was sitting at 206 at 19%bf. Iíve been doing great on diet and workouts since then, gonna go get checked measured again first thurs of December
Keep it up. Find what works for you and stick with it.

I am doing a body comp test in December myself. I'll be on a cruise so I am doing it the first day. Cause I am sure I will blow my diet shortly afterwards. I am going to try my best to watch the carbs and sugars and still hit the gym on the boat but I am also going to enjoy myself too.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #1364
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
Iím still alive. Finally found something Iíve been able to stick with and Iím noticing gains. 3 months ago I was sitting at 206 at 19%bf. Iíve been doing great on diet and workouts since then, gonna go get checked measured again first thurs of December
Keep it up. Find what works for you and stick with it.

You still planning on getting out? How much time you got left?

I am doing a body comp test in December myself. I'll be on a cruise so I am doing it the first day. Cause I am sure I will blow my diet shortly afterwards. I am going to try my best to watch the carbs and sugars and still hit the gym on the boat but I am also going to enjoy myself too.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:20 PM   #1365
R1psycho
Scrubbing bloodstains

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1psycho View Post
Starting off the new year at 254#. My plan for this year: keep adding size and strength. Going to shoot for a 40x bench, 365 is my max currently, attempt to hit 550+ on deads, 485 is my current and see how far I can go on squats.

What are everyone's goals?
Sitting back at 235# after gaining since I stopped the cut. As far as my lift goals
Squat- 385 donít see myself going much past 405
Bench- 365 is still my max. Able to move 315 for 4-5 without a spot. Iíve just hit a lull, but incline 1mr is 315 now so thereís that.
Deads- smashed 550 goal and pulled up 605 for 1 last week. Now I need to work on my form some more before I even consider going heavier.
Positives Are abs are making a decent showing and I got the remaining fat off of my bitch tits and now just need to fill in the lower portion of my chest and Iíll be pretty happy considering how bad everything was 6-7 years ago.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:50 AM   #1366
Mysticcobrakilla
Paterpillar

Damn! That’s friggin awesome
Mysticcobrakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #1367
GeorgeG.
Lifer

My body must be in hibernation mode for the winter because I can't lose fat for shit! I've been up 10lbs sitting at 193lb. I'm back in the groove with weight lifting and I'm satisfied that I retained all my lifting gains after coming off my supps. Either my size has decreased, which was to be expected, or this 10lbs increase is making me appear that way.

Trying to up the cardio and clean up my diet some. This time last year I was down to 183 but that was taking a really good fat burner. I'm trying to get there again without the fat burner since it's not something I can take long term.
GeorgeG. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #1368
no4njnk
Lifer

I have been helping a few people and almost all think long and slow cardio is the way to lose weight. HIIT workouts and weight lifting are far better for weight loss and take a lot less time. Diet is key to losing weight and if you are over 35-40 intermediate fasting seems to work well for the majority of people.

Some of you guys have some impressive weight loss and lifting numbers. Keep it up
no4njnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #1369
Big A
Lifer

Yep, diet is key in the long game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #1370
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
Yep, diet is key in the long game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
For me, diet is the biggest. If I am dieting and in turn reducing calories, I get weaker, I can tell in the weights. But I shed fat pretty well and can still maintain 75% in the gym. When I am eating, smartly, I can gain strength (certainly my TRT helps there) at a nice and steady rate.

I had bloodwork done today:
178lbs dressed in winter clothes
BP was 120/80 and I haven't taken a BP med in well over a month.
I'll know my cholesterol numbers in a day along with my T

But I have had so many compliments. Even my blind as a bat Grandfather says he can tell by the shape of my blur to him that I in great shape. My brother came to visit me yesterday and was shocked yet again at how good I look. I went to buy new suits and shirts the other night. I am gonna rock the fuck out of it on this cruise next week.

Fighting a couple minor injuries. Knees are doing some funky shit when I am laying down on my side; walking, lifting etc feel fine. Slightly pushed too far last week and have slight shoulder pain in the right...still did shoulders yesterday and feel okay, just not great. I have some tennis elbow or something in my left forearm that has prevented me from doing biceps and some back (pull) exercises in over a month. I tried a brace yesterday...didn't help.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #1371
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBScobravert View Post
For me, diet is the biggest. If I am dieting and in turn reducing calories, I get weaker, I can tell in the weights. But I shed fat pretty well and can still maintain 75% in the gym. When I am eating, smartly, I can gain strength (certainly my TRT helps there) at a nice and steady rate.

I had bloodwork done today:
178lbs dressed in winter clothes
BP was 120/80 and I haven't taken a BP med in well over a month.
I'll know my cholesterol numbers in a day along with my T

But I have had so many compliments. Even my blind as a bat Grandfather says he can tell by the shape of my blur to him that I in great shape. My brother came to visit me yesterday and was shocked yet again at how good I look. I went to buy new suits and shirts the other night. I am gonna rock the fuck out of it on this cruise next week.

Fighting a couple minor injuries. Knees are doing some funky shit when I am laying down on my side; walking, lifting etc feel fine. Slightly pushed too far last week and have slight shoulder pain in the right...still did shoulders yesterday and feel okay, just not great. I have some tennis elbow or something in my left forearm that has prevented me from doing biceps and some back (pull) exercises in over a month. I tried a brace yesterday...didn't help.
A well-deserved humble brag.

More to my point, at least in my mind, cardio isn't a long-term weight management tool. I hate doing it, and the more on point my diet is, the less-often I have to.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #1372
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
A well-deserved humble brag.

More to my point, at least in my mind, cardio isn't a long-term weight management tool. I hate doing it, and the more on point my diet is, the less-often I have to.
You're spot on.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegw...B#6d5b6cc52466

Sadly diet is the hardest part for me, but cardio is no problem.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
boats > racks, gasser dyel?, i refuse to beleaf, naynay 4 sucking on cock, naynay dicksucking faggot, naynay take all 12inches