Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock 2012 5.0 manual

390/371

I'm worried about the a/f. What do you think?

When the government pays, the government controls.

From what I heard a lot of cars were getting lean numbers on the wideband there. It could be the placement of the sensor, or the actual sensor itself. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

The other ones I saw didn't seem this lean. But I can see how placement would have an effect on it. I'm still a little concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        The other ones I saw didn't seem this lean. But I can see how placement would have an effect on it. I'm still a little concerned.
        Where did they place it? Hopefully not after the cats!

Comment

In the tailpipe. It does still have cats. Am I so dumb that I didn't realize that would affect the a/f the sensor reads? It looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            In the tailpipe. It does still have cats. Am I so dumb that I didn't realize that would affect the a/f the sensor reads? It looks like it.
            I've heard something like at least .5 afr points if reading through the cats, but that is all dependent on the cats and exhaust setup, could be even more. So at the very least you are 14.5:1 but could be somewhere in the 13's. I hate that they read through the cats like that.

Comment

You think they are going to drill a new bung in every car at a dyno day???

I wouldn't get on it until it's checked out for sure. Expensive motor to blow up.

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                You think they are going to drill a new bung in every car at a dyno day???

I wouldn't get on it until it's checked out for sure. Expensive motor to blow up.
                This has been a common issue on the 11+ you won't get an accurate reading from the tailpipe because of the cats. I wouldn't be concerned im sure the factory tune is safe and you have a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  I've heard something like at least .5 afr points if reading through the cats, but that is all dependent on the cats and exhaust setup, could be even more. So at the very least you are 14.5:1 but could be somewhere in the 13's. I hate that they read through the cats like that.
                  How would you suggest we get a better reading before the cats? We definately need to send out a mass email to every shop in existence to let them know they are doing it wrong...

FYI the dotted red line is 13:1, his car was reading 14.5-15.0:1 so even if .5 variance that still puts him at 14.0...

I would definately suggest either getting a tune or checking with the factory. All the other 5.0's we have dynoed in the past run between 12.5-12.0 from the factory. Yours is definately on the lean side.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                    I would definately suggest either getting a tune or checking with the factory. All the other 5.0's we have dynoed in the past run between 12.5-12.0 from the factory. Yours is definately on the lean side.
                    And I didn't want to get a tune because it will void the warranty.

Note the block in the middle... and where it leads. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                      How would you suggest we get a better reading before the cats? We definately need to send out a mass email to every shop in existence to let them know they are doing it wrong...

FYI the dotted red line is 13:1, his car was reading 14.5-15.0:1 so even if .5 variance that still puts him at 14.0...

Don't get all pissy pants, I am not saying you are doing it wrong, I am sure that most of the cars you dyno don't have cats anyway so the point is null. On those cars that do they either need to understand the AFR is going to be skewed (by how much nobody knows) or that they are going to have to have a $3 bung welded in if they want accurate numbers. If I were paying 350-400 for a tune and were keeping the cats I'd get a bung welded in.

Is he running lean, probably so, but reading after the cats means you have to guesstimate is all I am saying.

Comment

stock gt's do 390?
                        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

what's wrong with a N/A engine being 14.0? I've seen a few that like to be there.....like all 43 of them on sunday
                          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                            From what I heard a lot of cars were getting lean numbers on the wideband there. It could be the placement of the sensor, or the actual sensor itself. I wouldn't worry about it.
                            ^^^winner

Sensor was not reading correct and by the 54th car it was way off. We replaced the sensor this morning and and the Dyno gods are happy
                            True Street MotorSports
                            901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                            McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                            Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Originally posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
                              ^^^winner

Sensor was not reading correct and by the 54th car it was way off. We replaced the sensor this morning and and the Dyno gods are happy
                              Sweet, what did I win?

Comment

Working...
                              X