Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
    stock gt's do 390?
    That's pretty high IMO. I've seen ive seen most stoc graphs at around 375ish
    2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
      Sweet, what did I win?
      free T-Shirt and a sticker.......
      True Street MotorSports
      901 N McDonald St Suite 100
      McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
      Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Factory tune my car ran lean, even after an E-tune the car was still lean in parts of the pulls.
        Not until my custom tune did it run where it should be.

I havent had a problem with warranty through ford. Before you go load in your stock tune and i install my stock intake and baby it to Ford down the street, then reinstall when the work is done.

Comment

Originally posted by spd2stang View Post
          I havent had a problem with warranty through ford. Before you go load in your stock tune and i install my stock intake and baby it to Ford down the street, then reinstall when the work is done.
          In that flowchart above, the 'P1000' code means that the computer's readiness codes are not set. In other words, it has a new computer calibration and it's still learning to communicate with its sensors. It normally takes a few hundred miles to remove this code.

This is a telltale sign that someone has done exactly what you describe. Please note where the chart goes from there.

I agree I need a tune. Instant throttle response and another 15ish horsepower would be nice but the car is so new I don't want to screw the warranty. I want to get at least 15-20k on it first.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            Instant throttle response and another 15ish horsepower would be nice but the car is so new I don't want to screw the warranty. I want to get at least 15-20k on it first.
            I feel the same way, I'm going to let the warranty expire before I do any mods. I had an 02 Lightning that ate a transmission and it cost me a couple of thousand dollars. I want to hear no excuses from Ford if something goes wrong with my new GT. Once the warranty expires, KB LC blower, LT, full exhaust and then we see whats up crackers!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              In that flowchart above, the 'P1000' code means that the computer's readiness codes are not set. In other words, it has a new computer calibration and it's still learning to communicate with its sensors. It normally takes a few hundred miles to remove this code.

This is a telltale sign that someone has done exactly what you describe. Please note where the chart goes from there.

I agree I need a tune. Instant throttle response and another 15ish horsepower would be nice but the car is so new I don't want to screw the warranty. I want to get at least 15-20k on it first.
              Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              I feel the same way, I'm going to let the warranty expire before I do any mods. I had an 02 Lightning that ate a transmission and it cost me a couple of thousand dollars. I want to hear no excuses from Ford if something goes wrong with my new GT. Once the warranty expires, KB LC blower, LT, full exhaust and then we see whats up crackers!
              Egg Zachary!!

<-----shopping for mine.

I'll do a mild exhaust, mgw shifter, MTX redline transmission fluid, and oil changes with ZDDP additive for my only mods until the warranty is at least half way through it's term. All the while saving up for the 7** hp mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                That's pretty high IMO. I've seen ive seen most stoc graphs at around 375ish
                Same here mine made 371 stock and the other one made 388 with a catback and xpipe.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
                  free T-Shirt and a sticker.......
                  Sold! lol

Comment

Most of the 6 speed manual cars make anywhere fro 380-400. I have seen a big gap in dyno numbers on the new 5.0's. We had one come in that made 405 hp bone stock. Keep in mind guys that Saturday was cool temps and the humidity wasn't crazy high so cars should have been making good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by grabberblue_11 View Post
                      Same here mine made 371 stock and the other one made 388 with a catback and xpipe.
                      dyno jet reads high though.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                        dyno jet reads high though.
                        No, it doesn't. It reads normal. Dynojet on SAE, smoothing 5 is pretty much industry standard. The only people that say they read high are people that use mustang dynos, because they read lower usually.

Comment

The numbers are high because its in STD not SAE correction. SAE in this type of weather is 2-4% lower than STD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            That's gonna be a hellova car!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              That's gonna be a hellova car!
                              Get back on the beat, flat foot.

Comment

Buncha lightweights worrying about the warranty. You pays your monies and you takes your chances. Either you can afford to play, or you can't!

Comment

Working...
                                X