Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
    What's it worth? What are you selling it for? Filter for vans similar to yours and look at older ads. Then contact the buyer and see if he sold it yet while posing as a buyer. If he sold it, ask him, if he doesn't mind, how much did he sell if for. Now you know an idea of what if will sell for

99windstar lx 3.8 v6 white with alloy rims.
    110k original miles,
    white . exterior is good interior even better both sides have sliding doors
    Brand new sony cd player with usb and upgraded sony speakers.
    rear ac and heat, removable 3rd row seat. good tires.
    new plugs/wires, oil change.waterpump, coolant and thermostat. new K&N air filter(I know, I know) wiper blades and locking gas cap.
    clear title,fairly new tags and inspection Just did front/rear brakes with new rotors upfront.

I only want 2700 for it

Comment

Send me pics, I might know someone. For serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Send me pics, I might know someone. For serious.

Comment

I have no problem with people coming out to my house to buy something of mine and I have no problem going to someones house to get something. I am always armed when I go, but still. Never had a problem with people, but I am usually never alone and I make sure to google street view the neighborhood before I go.

I bought an Xbox 360 from a very nervous dude, we met at a gas station and he was constantly looking over his shoulders and took off real quick after the deal.

I bought a Saturn SL2 over in the fort worth ghetto. It was fucking bad, like junkies living in a boarded up church and graffiti and mondays every where, but shockingly enough they left me alone and a lot of them were pretty nice.

Scariest one happened when I was 16. I went to look at a Mark VIII over in Garland. They had me pull around back to look at the car because there was a dead car blocking the main driveway. Behind this building was a shop, which I assume was a chop shop. Got out to look at the car and the "salesman" put on rubber gloves before touching it. I decided to get the fuck out of there, but someone that worked at the shop was bringing in a car on a flatbed, effectively blocking me in. The guy bringing in the car went nuts because I was in his way, so I told him that it was no fucking problem, but that pissed him off and he threatened to run my car over if I didn't move it. I managed to get out of his way and get the fuck out of there, but that was a dangerous situation to be in.

As far as deals go, I have gotten some good ones. 93 300zx in perfect shape, but missing for $800, changed the fuel injectors and sold it for a huge chunk of money. Got 04 Mazda RX8 for $4000, drove it for a few weeks and sold it less than 24 hours after listing it.

Comment

I would never let them come to my house. Don't want somebody to see something they want and come back later.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              I would never let them come to my house. Don't want somebody to see something they want and come back later.
              I live in the country, I have a big damned flood light mounted on my roof, I have an even bigger damned rottweiler that isn't people friendly and my place is completely fenced with a gate. Not too worried about it.

Back in 2004 there were a bunch of thefts in my area, tool sheds being broke into, etc. One night my now dead big damned rottweiler went nuts so I went outside and let him out. He tore ass down the driveway and I heard feet running very quickly, followed by someone hitting my gate as they went over it. Never had an issue with anyone messing with my place after that and most of the thefts stopped. Nothing like 130lbs of dog chasing after you to make you think twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                I went to look at a Mark VIII over in Garland.
                And that's where it went wrong
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  I live in the country, I have a big damned flood light mounted on my roof, I have an even bigger damned rottweiler that isn't people friendly and my place is completely fenced with a gate. Not too worried about it.

Back in 2004 there were a bunch of thefts in my area, tool sheds being broke into, etc. One night my now dead big damned rottweiler went nuts so I went outside and let him out. He tore ass down the driveway and I heard feet running very quickly, followed by someone hitting my gate as they went over it. Never had an issue with anyone messing with my place after that and most of the thefts stopped. Nothing like 130lbs of dog chasing after you to make you think twice.
                  in an unrelated event, i got bit by a dog last night. JK.

thats awesome....

Comment

I have typically had good dealings on CL, however I post cars up on major forums first to test the waters. Before CL I had sold 8 different cars on just forums, 1 even on dfwls1.com if you remember that site

I have been looking for clean civics under $3k for months now. 90% of people are flakes, or Mexicans. I went to look at a green 98 civic in rowlett for $3200 it was modified with gold wheels and etc, anyways after texting for a while the owner seemed intelligent. We agreed to meet off of bush at a target (btw I have worked security for target and they have good camera coverage so try to do deals there). Anyways the car rolls up and the passengers side is completely spray painted, and 4 hood ass Hispanic kids get out and another truck rolls up and 2 guys get out. I just drove off and didn't bother

I try to deal with onlyintelligent people. I always stay above Irving for cars and scope the meeting place out first, and if some one doesn't enunciate correctly I drop the call. Don't be scared of posting something for sale, just weed out the idiots first. When selling a car I invite them to my house, safest spot and a controlled environment, no idiots allowed

Best deal? Got my bullit for $2300 and sold it a few weeks later for $6500
                    Last edited by 4king; 01-27-2013, 03:20 AM.

Comment

I'd say selling is a lot easier than buying. I posted a nice Miller welder on there a while back. It sold in 30 minutes. Guy showed with cash and was real nice.

Buying stuff can be a PITA. People post stuff and never return your emails or they have no clue on price and wanna do the offer game. I'm good with offers but damn. I dealt with some idiot last week had a car for sale I wanted. It was an $800 car tops, but I couldn't tell without looking. He's like well tell me what you would give. I said I need to come look, but I would bring trailer and cash. He said well, no just make me an offer. F that, I got cash, I come look and we do the deal or not. I am not making a deal site unseen. Car is still listed.

Comment

My favorite is when someone send me an email and ask me "whats the least you'll take".
                        Well, Mother Fucker, What's the most you'll pay?
                        What kind of bargaining tactic is that?

Or if you are selling some for $2,000 "cash" some asshat always says "I'll give you $1000 CASH right now.
                        Well, Mother Fucker, We can do lay-a-way but your're not getting shit until I have $2,000 cash.

Comment

Only good story I have is when I was buying a camera off this lady we had met at the gas station at Beach & 820 on the S Side. As I'm checking out the camera we hear a screeching and look up. A jack ass in a mini van cut off this guy on a bike. Damn near ran him over. Mini van goes trucking along obviously has no clue what just happened as the guy is sliding down the asphalt. He is able to get up and walk away, but his bike was eff'd up and he had some NASTY road rash!!!! Gave the cops the info but don't know what ever came of it?
                          Only other dealings have been good ones thank goodness!!!!
                          86 SVO

Comment

I have bought and sold almost all my big stuff on CL. 100% all my autos since 2008. I shop shop shop till i find a deal. Like my current 97 F150 SC XLT 4x4... Clean as a whistle and drives like new. Just a rough estimate off NADA shows its worth 5700 in average shape. THis truck is above average and I paid 4K even... There are deals out there that are easily seen. You just gotta be careful of those assclowns that want to know "Is this item still for sale?" item? Really!! Always prefer text or calls only. Pretty much rule out email responses unless you enjoy fucking with these lower then life scammers. rant off.

Comment

Last year I had been searching Craigslist for a larger toolbox to upgrade to as my current one was too full. I found a black 2bay newer KRL Snap-on in Greenville Tx the same size as my current. These boxes go for $2500-$4000used, around $7k off the truck. The ad had no price, mentioned open to trades, and was worded like it was in the way and they needed to sell it. I emailed them and offered $1K and surprisingly they accepted my offer. On the way to pick it up I stopped by my sons house to help me load it and when we arrived at the sellers home adn saw the box, I told him it was his. It was a moment for us and the sellers were real people and we still email and keep in touch.

Continuing on my quest I finally found a large like new KRL three-bay unit with stainless top, hutch and stainless drawer protectors for $3k. Sold the hutch for $500 making my total investment $2500. That box is closer to $10k new.

And of course, my old teal KRL and matching MAC tool cart are lsted there now. The circle of life continues.... LOL

Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                                99windstar lx 3.8 v6 white with alloy rims.
                                110k original miles,
                                white . exterior is good interior even better both sides have sliding doors
                                Brand new sony cd player with usb and upgraded sony speakers.
                                rear ac and heat, removable 3rd row seat. good tires.
                                new plugs/wires, oil change.waterpump, coolant and thermostat. new K&N air filter(I know, I know) wiper blades and locking gas cap.
                                clear title,fairly new tags and inspection Just did front/rear brakes with new rotors upfront.

I only want 2700 for it
                                if you still have it in a couple weeks ill grab it off you.

Comment

Working...
                                X