Air to water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air to water?

So putting the radiator into the bumper has given me the space, now time to create a template before commissioning this part out.

2 spearco cores with a fluid plenum in between for two -12an returns. The cores will be fed by a -16an "y" to a pair of -12an one on each side.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Nice dude!!
    Ded

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I am waiting for a bid from Behind Bars Race Cars to build it. Hopefully we have some aluminum pictures before I come home in July next. I really need to get working on this thing in full swing.

Comment

Well, the quote is returned and it is inline with what I expected it would cost me. The only deviation from my template is the cores are 10.25" long each so I will have to make up about an inch and a half in the end tanks and in the center section. Cooler will be good for 1400hp...far more than I want this thing to ever make.

Should have pics of the build once he gets the template. Contracted to be done by July 1st and ready for me when I get home on the 2nd.

Comment

Thats just sick cant wait to see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Thats just sick cant wait to see how this plays out.
              He will have it started in two weeks. He knows I am giddy to see how it plays out too, so he promises build pics.

Comment

The cores finally made it. Progress to begin on Monday. More pics to come.

Comment

Kick ass! Can I borrow some money, permenently?
                  Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                    Kick ass! Can I borrow some money, permenently?
                    I can at least say, this is not as costly an avenue as I thought it was gonna be. Not factoring in a heat exchanger, pump, and water tank. There have been other changes that cost me a lot more.

Comment

Should be done by Monday or Tuesday.

End tanks and center section tacked in place with the -12an water ports and 3/8"NPT ports ready to go.

Comment

Done.

Sexy welds

Sure hope this thing fits

The discharge air to T/B will have to be cut open and finally fabricated once the cooler is mounted. There is just no room for error.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          The discharge air to T/B will have to be cut open and finally fabricated once the cooler is mounted. There is just no room for error.
                          If you use wiggins clamps at that joint you will be able to have some misalignment.
                          07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

Wiggins don't allow for misalignment. They only help if the joint rotates. They keep the material from cracking from cyclic loads.

Comment

Sad to say that I will probably run silicone connection between cooler and charge pipe and again between charge pipe and T/B. Even though I am running a poly motor mount, the cooler is going to be bolted to the upper core support.

Comment

Working...
                              X