Longshot, but hey I'll try...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longshot, but hey I'll try...

Does anyone have a hook up on a complete rack and pinion for a 99-05 Silverado 1500 ? Good used is fine. Best price Ive found is Summit at $180...
    Back story, I volunteered to fix a little old ladies truck, I just figured it needed a hose. Whole damn system is leaking badly. Rack is shot, pump is shot. I'm eating the whole bill so trying to save a few bucks. Anyone have any hook ups ? Ive searched craigs and Facebook, not really coming up with anything. Thanks
    Last edited by dcs13; 12-01-2017, 06:37 PM. Reason: added

I can only offer advice.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I can only offer advice.

No good deed goes unpunished.
      Oh, I'm so freakin worried something else is gonna break while I have this thing. Poor lady has been in the hospital a month now. I think she's getting out next week. I need to get this thing done. Looking like a ride to Summit is in my near future. At least its a V6, so a little easier to get to stuff.

Comment

Have you checked rock auto prices?

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
          Have you checked rock auto prices?
          Yes. Basically a little more than Summit if you include the shipping.

How big of a beat down is shopping at Summit ? I heard its a PITA to wait in all those lines. Anyone been there (on a saturday) ?

Comment

What part of town are you in?

Dismantlers JY in Halton City off 121 and Carson always has several trucks of that generation.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
              What part of town are you in?

Dismantlers JY in Halton City off 121 and Carson always has several trucks of that generation.
              North of McKinney. Theres a ton of those trucks out there. Just can't seem to hit what I need online. I can go to pick and pull, but then I'm shooting in the dark. I could end up with a DOFF (do over for free) with a junkyard part. Thats why I was hoping someone on here I could trust had one they knew some history on...
              Oh well, off to Summit I guess

Comment

Find it on ebay from Summit if you can. I ordered a radiator mount for the monster the other day and it showed up the next day.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Thanks guys. A guy over on Facebook has a few good used ones. I'm gonna pick one up today.
                  And as my world goes, my damn IMac bricked on me trying to upload the new OS last night. Always freaking something. I swear.

Comment

If your facebook guy doesn't pan out, I have a friend in north Grayson county that deals in those trucks all the time (he may be the facebook guy). Pm me if needed and I'll give you his number. His name is Richard, he's outside of Whitesboro.

Comment

Working...
                    X