Amazon 2 day delivery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon 2 day delivery issues

Is anyone else, or am I just the lucky one who lately (last 2-3 months) is having about 30% of my 2 day orders delayed in shipping? I know they are under the holiday crunch right now, but shit, if you say it is a Prime item, in stock, get it delivered in 2 fucking days!

I checked the status on the late item that was to have been delivered yesterday, now it says Dec 5th - 7th.

rant over...

This has been happening for years regardless of holiday. Their 2 day is more of a target than a firm commitment. I think you can cancel if you need to.

Comment

I haven't experienced issues lately, but have had them in the past. It's usually same day and 2 day as you stated. I think it has to do with the consistency of the individual they have delivering as those are usually people doing deliveries for extra money. I happened to be home all day the same day an item was supposed to be delivered and I didn't get it. I checked the sight and it said something to the nature of "There was no safe place to leave the package" We had lights on outside and were home and never saw anyone. So I know it's just a lazy person deciding not to deliver.
      I called Amazon and complained. They gave me two more months of Prime.

Comment

never use Surepost . they will dump it with the usps. add 2-3 days. always put shipping detail in the order. i ask for ups or fedx only. do not ship usps . works most of the time. fucking obama set up that shit to bail out the worthless postal service .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
          never use Surepost. they will dump it with the usps. add 2-3 days. always put shipping detail in the order. i ask for ups or fedx only. do not ship usps . works most of the time. fucking obama set up that shit to bail out the worthless postal service .
          I agree with you 100 percent. Brownells uses Surepost and it fucken drives me nuts when they do.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I canceled the order but they said since it's in delivery mode it may not cancel and I can return it if it's delivered. I hope it's delivered so I can return it on their dime. It's just a 3 foot HDMI cable and some dog toys.

Comment

No issues out here in the middle of nowhere. Then again, I know my UPS and FedEx guys by name. Whenever I've had other issues with anything Amazon-related, they have bent over backwards to take care of me. Sometimes to the point that I feel guilty, like I'm ripping them off. Amazon is the best thing ever for someone who lives as remote as I do.

Comment

I've been having issues with Amazon for a while now. Yesterday was the worst....scheduled an item to be delivered at an Amazon locker and these retards handed it off to USPS and of course they couldn't deliver it. What a nightmare that was.

Comment

We've had pretty good luck with the 2-day deliveries, but the last 3 packages have been stolen off our porch, making me wonder if we're now a target, being that we order stuff a lot. The stolen deliveries came from both UPS and USPS, so not as likely to be carrier related. What's crazy is that we are both home all day every day.

I'll take late over stolen, re-shipping takes that much longer.

Comment

Anytime it gets handed off to usps it is a disaster on my end. Those idiots can fuck up a wet dream.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Has been happening off and on all year but more lately. In their defense I have ordered a lot of stuff lately and have only had a few late items. Just one right now that looks like it might not show; it was prime, then expected a week out in a 7 day window, and now another week with a message saying if it doesn't show by then contact them and work out a refund. Also pay attention to prime listings, sometimes it says it is prime but 3 or 4 day (or more) shipping. So still free, just slow.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                        Has been happening off and on all year but more lately. In their defense I have ordered a lot of stuff lately and have only had a few late items. Just one right now that looks like it might not show; it was prime, then expected a week out in a 7 day window, and now another week with a message saying if it doesn't show by then contact them and work out a refund. Also pay attention to prime listings, sometimes it says it is prime but 3 or 4 day (or more) shipping. So still free, just slow.
                        Yeah, some items are slower than 2 days, but this one explicitly said expect it Friday, Dec 1 by 8 PM. I ordered it it Tuesday early evening, like at 4:30/

I'm gonna try chewy.com for my next dog food/toys order, see how they live up to free shipping in 2 days.

Comment

No problems up here.
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Two day shipping is so 2013
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              Yeah, some items are slower than 2 days, but this one explicitly said expect it Friday, Dec 1 by 8 PM. I ordered it it Tuesday early evening, like at 4:30/

I'm gonna try chewy.com for my next dog food/toys order, see how they live up to free shipping in 2 days.
                              We use them and have them on auto drop. No issues so far.

On the other hand, I can't believe anyone would complain about slow shipping on anything. Just five years ago it would cost you a arm and a leg to get something somewhere in under 7 days. Amazon and Ebay have made being fast and cheap actually work for almost anything you order anywhere.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X