Windows 10, touch pad hypersensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10, touch pad hypersensitivity

So, the person who fixes my laptop when it breaks suggested that I go from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

I will be typing, graze an errant finger across the touch pad, then in a blink of an eye, the next 3 keystrokes will open pandora's box and I've got translation and code windows open left and right. That, or the other popular pain in my ass is it will highlight what i've been typing and delete it. Control z fixes that most of the time, but sometimes it can't (forms).

I can't find the touch pad anywhere in the system, I would like to minimize the sensitivity.

Please help.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

What brand is your laptop? Have you installed the touchpad driver after installing 10?

Comment

Lenovo, and no, I didn't install a driver after installing 10
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

After installing a fresh copy of Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit on my Lenovo laptop...I took the plunge of faith to update to Windows 10 due to the constant harassment messages. Tried it for several weeks. Nothing but problems, shit stopped working no matter how many driver updates I did. Windows 10 sucks. Period. Those of you that are happy with it. Congratulations. You have more patience than I do. I wiped my computer and just reinstalled Windows 7 again...and disabled updates. Completely. It works just fine.

Comment

Working...
        X