Sigh new PSU noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh new PSU noise

Just bought this PSU and installed it. I will never install it again without testing.

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
    Just bought this PSU and installed it. I will never install it again without testing.
    Have you tried hitting it? It works on more than just women!

Comment

So unseat it, plug it back in and fire it up, see where the noise is coming from. It's only 4 screws if you used all of em.

Comment

Yeah could be just something out of whack from shipping. Seen it more than once on far more expensive equipment. Worth 10 minutes of checking it before RMA'ing it.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

its definitely the fan hitting something. Is it hitting the grill?

Ive not heard of psi. You should return it for an evga.

evga has the best warranty out there and they don't even care if you blow shit up.
          you really get what you pay for these days. I just went through 6 cheapo printers until I had to just settle for the 600 dollar one and its fine.
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a B cam

Comment

Here is another brand option for you which is on sale for $109.99 after rebate.

CORSAIR RM850X

Buy CORSAIR RMx Series RM850X 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire Ready Power Supply with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                its definitely the fan hitting something. Is it hitting the grill?

Ive not heard of psi. You should return it for an evga.

evga has the best warranty out there and they don't even care if you blow shit up.
                you really get what you pay for these days. I just went through 6 cheapo printers until I had to just settle for the 600 dollar one and its fine.
                I researched Sparkle Power before buying, and they have been around a while. I took the grill off the fan. I could not find any spot where it is making contact. It sounds like it is coming from the nose/cone of the blade.

Comment

My prefered PSU brands are Antec, PCP&C , SilverStone, LEPA and Corsair, in that order.

Comment

Working...
                  X