This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus [Alien]

Prometheus is an upcoming science fiction film directed by Ridley Scott. The film was originally intended as a prequel to the 1979 science fiction horror film Alien but evolved to explore a more stand-alone mythology, apart from the Alien franchise. Filming began in March 2011, and Prometheus is scheduled to be released on June 8, 2012.

In January of 2011, the film was confirmed to be titled Prometheus with a release date for 2012. Scott downplayed the film's ties to the Alien franchise. He said, "While Alien was indeed the jumping-off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative."[5] Filming began in March 2011.[6] After three weeks filming at Pinewood Toronto Studios,[7] production moved in May to Pinewood Studios in London. The 007 Stage will be used for one of the setpieces.[8]

I hope its as good as Alien.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

i was more interested in this movie when it was supposed to be Ridley Scott's return to the Aliens franchise =/

Comment

It's more of Ridley Scotts return to biology from what I'm reading about this movie.
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

I'm interested. Not a big fan of "Alien" but "Aliens" is one of my all-time favs.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'm in.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            I'm interested. Not a big fan of "Alien" but "Aliens" is one of my all-time favs.
            Ditto.

Alien was ok. Aliens rocked. The rest were horrible.

I'm curious to see what Scott does with this.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              Ditto.

Alien was ok. Aliens rocked. The rest were horrible.

I'm curious to see what Scott does with this.
              ditto X3
              2011 Mustang GT
              sigpic

Comment

Yall are smoking crack. Alien by far is the best one out of the franchise. I can understand why most would hate it, its not an action movie. It's more of a psychological horror movie. Aliens is good but not great.

So far it looks like this new movie will be more of a man vs god dealing with genetic engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  Aliens is good but not great.
                  Lies, and corner of your man-card has been cut off.
                  sigpic

Comment

Found this:

Comment

I was expecting more but I'm hooked. Wish the trailer was more than a collection of stills.

Comment

Just read about it on IMDB and it shows a release date of June 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                          Yall are smoking crack. Alien by far is the best one out of the franchise. I can understand why most would hate it, its not an action movie. It's more of a psychological horror movie. Aliens is good but not great.

So far it looks like this new movie will be more of a man vs god dealing with genetic engineering.
                          Alien was just Aliens on a budget... Both were exceptional movies. Aliens 3 wasn't too bad, 4 and 5 were shit.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            I was expecting more but I'm hooked. Wish the trailer was more than a collection of stills.
                            The trailer is supposed to be released when MI4: Ghost Protocol comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Alien was just Aliens on a budget... Both were exceptional movies. Aliens 3 wasn't too bad, 4 and 5 were shit.
                              Where you getting a 5th one at?? They only made 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X