Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can one/two staff member/s fulfill these needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can one/two staff member/s fulfill these needs?

I have a friend that will soon be looking for experienced staff that can support the following:

Linux CentOS
    VMWare VCenter
    SAN/NAS Storage Management
    MySQL/SQL DBA
    Cloud/Docker
    Windows Server / Services
    Programming / Application Development (Ruby I think)

What I want to know is could you have one or two staff members that can take support these needs?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What does "support" entail?
    Cloud? Like what, AWS?

Looks like about 10 positions to me.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      What does "support" entail?
      Cloud? Like what, AWS?

Looks like about 10 positions to me.
      lol I am not exactly sure what Docker is but I know it deals with AWS. The staff member would need to manage the AWS and the linked on premise environment. Majority of these needs are for one solution, so I think that isn't a tall order.

Sorry my knowledge of this stuff is lacking.

Comment

IIRC, Docker is a container app for building and running distributed applications. Cross platform compatibility kind of thing.

And it shouldn't be terribly hard to find someone who can do at least 85-95% of that request. The Ruby/Centos stuff might be a reach for someone decent at all the rest though.

Comment

Honestly it's going to depend on the size of the company. Smaller company and 2-3 people could fill most of that, depending upon how much time you want a programmer to dedicate to app development. Large company, definitely not.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Depending on details I could see somewhere around 4 getting the job done. That's assume qualified people are being paid to do it.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

It seemed like a stretch to only have two, but that's it looks like that is the number of people he can hire. Essentially, these three below are all for the same solution, with the rest mixed in between the entire organization. I figured Application Development would require a dedicated person.

Linux CentOS
              Cloud/Docker
              Programming / Application Development

Thanks everyone, I will show this thread to my colleague.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                Linux CentOS
                VMWare VCenter
                SAN/NAS Storage Management
                MySQL/SQL DBA
                Cloud/Docker
                I can do all of these, I charge $100 an hour. If he needs someone to do operations management, that is what I do already I can work out a flat price depending on how much of my time is needed.

I also do devOps, application debugging and platform scaling too. I wont write applications, but I can tell you why and what code is causing it to not scale, perform slow, or why its not working. I work with python, perl, ruby, lua, c, c++, pretty much any language. I also have big data experience, netezza, hadoop, and just about any relational database ( MySQL/MariaDB, postgres, etc ), as well as keyValue stores like redis, and document stores like mongoDB. My specialty is lowering operational costs through efficiency.
                Last edited by abecx; 11-19-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                  I can do all of these, I charge $100 an hour. If he needs someone to do operations management, that is what I do already I can work out a flat price depending on how much of my time is needed.

I also do devOps, application debugging and platform scaling too. I wont write applications, but I can tell you why and what code is causing it to not scale, perform slow, or why its not working. I work with python, perl, ruby, lua, c, c++, pretty much any language. I also have big data experience, netezza, hadoop, and just about any relational database ( MySQL/MariaDB, postgres, etc ), as well as keyValue stores like redis, and document stores like mongoDB. My specialty is lowering operational costs through efficiency.
                  To the OP if Abecx will do all that for $100/hr take him up on it before he comes to his senses and raises his rates
                  2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                  1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by stang2be View Post
                    To the OP if Abecx will do all that for $100/hr take him up on it before he comes to his senses and raises his rates
                    Truth, but typically once everything is setup, the need for my services drop which is the entire point of my price ( reoccurring revenue ). I like to go in and fix things and gtfo, long term support is really easy once I clean up inefficiencies.

Comment

Always have bus driver positions open, but there are a few office positions available. PM me if you want to use me as a referral. http://www.dcschools.com/index.php?id=160 SCHOOL BUS DRIVER Executive Administrative Assistant General Services-Fleet Maintenance Police Officer Payroll Clerk School Crossing Guard Hiring Event -

Comment

Can you really find sys engineers with that kind of experience for 60-75k ??
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

That answer is above my pay grade, but my guess is no. Everything is negotiable though.

Comment

Yeah, but the DCS environment is not terrible and is Leatha still running the show? We did consulting for her and it seemed like she looked after her folks.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              Can you really find sys engineers with that kind of experience for 60-75k ??
                              No. You're going to get shit for that range. You need to bump that up to at least 6 figures to find someone worth a shit, at the least $80k starting. Thats an embarrassing offer by people that have no idea what they are doing.

Oh thats right, we're in Texas where people will accept that amount of pay.

Comment

Working...
                              X