Specs are out so VIVE or Oculus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs are out so VIVE or Oculus?

The VIVE costs more, but includes more gear you don't own. Oculus Rift is lighter, cheaper, includes speakers.\, but the specs aren't as good as the HTC VIVE. I am leaning towards the VIVE because of the room scaling and more responsive.

HTC VIVE - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/htc...led,31242.html

Oculus Rift - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ocu...ril,30919.html

I don't know the real specs on the vive but that's too much. Oculus is too much but I have one on order.

The oculus is 2560x1100 x2 @90Hz what is the vive?
    Resolution and refresh rate sells me every time and if vive has more I'll be disappointed.
    sigpic

Comment

Same specs as the Rift in that regard. But it does ship with two wireless controllers while the Rift doesn't. It's not a $200 price difference but that's the main difference. That and that the Vive has a 15x15 feet tracking area vx Rift's 5x11 feet.
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
        Same specs as the Rift in that regard. But it does ship with two wireless controllers while the Rift doesn't. It's not a $200 price difference but that's the main difference. That and that the Vive has a 15x15 feet tracking area vx Rift's 5x11 feet.
        Doesnt the rift come with a xbox one controller?

Comment

yea
          sigpic

Comment

From what I've read, the VIVE does a better job switching between VR and RW. The intergration with your phone sounds dumb in the beginning, but being able to read a text or decline a call without taking the headset off keeps you in VR. I think the overall experience will be better.

Comment

Working...
            X