Colt's back in the revolver business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt's back in the revolver business

Looks interesting to say the least. Being a colt revolver fan myself, I have mixed feelings about it. I like that they are getting back into them, but not sure they will be the same quality. I will give this one a shot though. Maybe I am bothered by stupid stuff now that I am getting older, but the name of it definitely bothers me. This is a Detective Special. Colt is trying to sell it by using a name.

Colt's Legendary Double-Action Revolvers Return
    The Colt Cobra® marks Colt's triumphant return to the world of double-action revolvers. Its small frame and 2" barrel make it ideal for concealed carry. The Cobra® features all-steel construction, as well as a rubber wrapped grip that's been moved rearward to help manage recoil. The Cobra® is chambered in .38 Special and is +P capable. This firearm was designed to meet the needs of new shooters and seasoned professionals alike. It's easy and enjoyable to shoot, easy to carry, and draws from the fine lineage that make Colt revolvers special.

Features
    Fiber Optic Front Sight
    LL2™ Trigger System
    Colt Branded Rubber Grip
    .38 Special (+P Capable), Six Round Capacity
    2" Barrel Length
    MODELS MEDIA
    MODEL CAL. MSRP SPECS PURCHASE

COBRA-SM2FO .38 Special $699 Spec Sheet Buy Now

Like it. Kinda disappointed it's not in 357 though.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I have several Detective Specials and love them. I think the newest one dates from the 80s. I like them because they are 6 shooter while being about the same size as a S&W J frame. I carry the S&W because the Colts are semi collectable now. I stopped carrying my S&Ws in .327 Mag for the same reason.

I will be picking up one of the new Colts as soon as I see one for sale.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        Like it. Kinda disappointed it's not in 357 though.
        Yea, I am sure those are coming soon. I am more interested in a blued version if they ever start that up.

Comment

Working...
        X