Let's discuss 9mm ARs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
    Picked up a CZ Scorpion pistol yesterday. Then installed a Lage side folding adapter with a Shockwave brace. My Trijicon MRO w/mount will be here in a day or so then it is off to the range.

First impressions are this thing is built well. Action is smooth. I like the mag release location and mag lock up but may add a larger release paddle. Trigger is a little heavy. Sights are nice and easy to make out. Safety on the right side does feel like it will be annoying shooting though. It rides on your trigger finger. The side folder is solid, locks up open and is easy to fold either way.

Magazines are full plastic but the springs. I have heard of lips breaking. Hopefully an aftermarket solution comes out. In the meanwhile, I will buy several. It came with two 20rd mags to start me off.

I am going to order a 5.3" K cut barrel and handguard after the first of the year.
    Keith, I was doing research, looks like preppergunshop.com and manticore arms built a 32 round steel feed lip mag. Looks like we need to buy a few from them to try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
      Keith, I was doing research, looks like preppergunshop.com and manticore arms built a 32 round steel feed lip mag. Looks like we need to buy a few from them to try out.
      Bought 2 to try out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Sweet! You planning on leaving it as a pistol or SBR'ing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          Sweet! You planning on leaving it as a pistol or SBR'ing it?
          I need to shoot it first but it already feels food with just the pistol brace.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
            I need to shoot it first but it already feels food with just the pistol brace.

Can't wait to hear your range report.

Comment

TFB did a test to see how the MPX did supressed, and Jame's hilarious testing method showed me i think a lot of the problems people report might be just ammo related as his was fine.

Comment

The Scorpion is a new favorite. With the shockwave brace it is easy to stay on target for rapid shots. The Trijicon MRO gave me a large field of view and easy to shoot with both eyes open and maintain a respectable grouping.

One HUGE design flaw is the safety. It is stiff for one but mostly because after 20 rounds it had taken a huge chunk of skin off my trigger finger. Gonna swap it for the AK style soon.

Cocking handle could be a little bigger. Gonna swap it out.

I put 100 rounds in it (forgot my ammo at the house )

Mag release and bolt release are nice. Don't see myself swapping the mag release for a bigger one.

Not even sure I am going to SBR this thing. It is that fun to shoot with just a shockwave brace.

Comment

The only thing that really bugs me with the Scorpion is that the mags are all born to die. The feed lips on the factory mags and all of the break over time as they rock in the gun and get beat up by the bolt carrier. As receptive as CZ is to the US market, I hope they fix this, but it isn't a deal-breaker for me.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    The only thing that really bugs me with the Scorpion is that the mags are all born to die. The feed lips on the factory mags and all of the break over time as they rock in the gun and get beat up by the bolt carrier. As receptive as CZ is to the US market, I hope they fix this, but it isn't a deal-breaker for me.
                    Yep, all plastic but the spring. I bought some aftermarket steel lips to test.

Comment

I do not know why people keep trying to reinvent the wheel. The perfect sub gun has been on the market for 50 plus years and I have yet to see a newer design top it.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        I do not know why people keep trying to reinvent the wheel. The perfect sub gun has been on the market for 50 plus years and I have yet to see a newer design top it.
                        $2500 for the base semi SPK5 is ludicrous, and I'm not sorry to say that the industry has moved past what they have to offer. You're suggesting perfect should get in the way of good, and there are too many good pistol caliber carbine options in the $1k-$1.5k range. You can add a stock, a stamp, and some kind of sights to a Scorpion or a dedicated Glock-mag AR, and probably still come in under what a base SPK5 would cost. Never mind that as a company H&K shit on the US civilian market to our faces for decades. Yeah, let me trip over myself to buy their shit.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          $2500 for the base semi SPK5 is ludicrous, and I'm not sorry to say that the industry has moved past what they have to offer. You're suggesting perfect should get in the way of good, and there are too many good pistol caliber carbine options in the $1k-$1.5k range. You can add a stock, a stamp, and some kind of sights to a Scorpion or a dedicated Glock-mag AR, and probably still come in under what a base SPK5 would cost. Never mind that as a company H&K shit on the US civilian market to our faces for decades. Yeah, let me trip over myself to buy their shit.
                          None of what you said changes the fact that their offering is what everything else is trying (and failing) to be.

I am not a sub gun fan (IMHO something that size should be chambered in a rifle cartridge) or an HK fan boy by any measure but they got it right along time ago. I keep one at home but I can not remember the last time I shot it; back when 9mm was 100 bucks a case I believe.

If you are worried about the cost of a gun this hobby is not for you. I think my grand dad gave 600 for mine and I think it would go for 30k today.
                          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 12-08-2017, 01:25 AM.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm not worried about the cost of the gun. I'm talking about value for the money spent. I'm also not comparing a Scorpion pistol to a transferrable machinegun. That's ridiculous. The real comparison is between the various new production 9mm pistols in carbine format. Does that make sense? The SPK5 just doesn't deliver the fun for dollar and the ease of use that a lot of other 9mm "carbines" do. They also aren't sitting on a lot of shelves or getting a ton of press. Also, again, fuck H&K in the neck for shitting on US shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              None of what you said changes the fact that their offering is what everything else is trying (and failing) to be.

I am not a sub gun fan (IMHO something that size should be chambered in a rifle cartridge) or an HK fan boy by any measure but they got it right along time ago. I keep one at home but I can not remember the last time I shot it; back when 9mm was 100 bucks a case I believe.

If you are worried about the cost of a gun this hobby is not for you. I think my grand dad gave 600 for mine and I think it would go for 30k today.
                              "If you're worried about the cost of a gun this isn't the hobby for you"

That's a stupid ass statement and could be applied to any hobby. You're on a car board . Where's your Koeinigsegg Agera? Well...if you're worried about cost, I guess this just isn't the hobby for you. It's all relative. If people have a hobby of flying should they just quit because they don't have a G5? Come on man. I know you're known for being full of shit around here....but that's just a dumb way to look at recreational shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                                Koeinigsegg Agera?
                                Hey, we speak English around here, pal.

Comment

Working...
                                X