Decatur Swap meet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decatur Swap meet question

Decatur is next month. I need to prune down my parts load so I dont have to take so much when I move..
    Question- How much of a beat down is it to wait in line, get checked in, etc.. I only want to go 1 day.
    I've never gone to sell, always just been a buyer.. Thanks

none ..

Pre-pay for the spots, go in early .. piece of cake

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
      none ..

Pre-pay for the spots, go in early .. piece of cake
      Whats early ? 5 am ? can I pull out at 4 or 5 pm ? Was thinking of loading my cattle trailer with stuff. Just dont wanna be stuck when Im ready to go.
      Got a bunch of odds and ends that I need to off load. Good stuff, just not stuff I wanna move with me.

Comment

earlier the better .
        we always set up Weds night , half of our stuff we sold to other vendors

The last several years had 3,000+ vendor spaces sold.
        80% of the vendor's items must be auto-related.

FREE Admission to Swap Meet

Parking available at the North and South of Swap Meet for a MINIMAL FEE

Hours:8am-6pm

Rain or Shine

Advertised Nationally

Old Style Meet

NO DRIVE TIME on Saturday from 10am to 3p

Comment

Is it worth going Saturday, or is all the good shit gone by Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            Is it worth going Saturday, or is all the good shit gone by Friday?
            Saturday has always been a good day for me. I have been very lucky the last couple of years in Decatur.

Comment

Hard to say about Saturdays. You have people that make great deals on stuff because "they don't want to haul it home." Heck, some people just leave stuff behind.

Comment

I am going to watch the weather forecast, if its clear ,dry and warm I might run down for 3 days

Comment

If I drag my clapped out 65 Impala and park in the spectator lot with it on the trailer, what are the chances it'll get sold or towed?
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

I got spaces C16 and C116. Probably only be there friday though...

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      If I drag my clapped out 65 Impala and park in the spectator lot with it on the trailer, what are the chances it'll get sold or towed?

There are a couple spots along the road where you could park it but, the walk in would be long .. 1/2 mile maybe ?

if its priced right might sell, don't think they will allow you to curb it for free in the parking lot

Comment

Working...
                      X