Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
    Silverback, you've got a really nice collection!

Here in middle TN the stores got allocation past week. I managed pappy 10yr, 12yr, one 12yr Weller, and a George T stagg.

Between the two stores I frequent allocation was shit this year on the "rare" stuff. I'm okay with it, my go to is the Weller antique for not on the shelf things, along with Taylor small batch.
    A lot of what I have are gifts, and "you should try this". I travel most weeks for work, so a lot sit unopened. Eventually I'll have some folks over and do some tasting.

OWA is my go to if I have it. So I went ahead and stocked up on a few bottles this last month or so when I could get it. Hopefully to last me through the Christmas/New Years party season

Comment

• Haven't been able to buy this year yet. One store had 1 bottle per customer limit that got a barrel. It's funny how I'm one state South yet can't find either easy to find Weller walking into a store this year.

Last year I bought a case of half gallons, still have two.

Comment

• Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
        Haven't been able to but this year yet. I've store had 1 bottle per customer limit that got a barrel. It's funny how I'm one state South yet can't find either easy to find Weller walking into a store this year.

Last year I bought a case of half gallons, still have two.
        There is a state south of Texas?

Comment

• bought a bottle of balcones baby blue tonight, and i like it. first one i tried from them was the rye 100. i had a shot of it at heim bbq and whiskey bar, and liked it so much, i grabbed a bottle on the way home. ill grab the true blue next.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            bought a bottle of balcones baby blue tonight, and i like it. first one i tried from them was the rye 100. i had a shot of it at heim bbq and whiskey bar, and liked it so much, i grabbed a bottle on the way home. ill grab the true blue next.

I enjoy the rye, the baby blue is way too sweet. I haven’t been able to turn the corner onto corn whisky.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• For Christmas i was gifted a bottle of Blackened. During the aging process each barrel of blackened "listens to Metallica" to help it penetrate deeper into the barrel. I'm by no means a connoisseur, but this was pretty good, although maybe its too bland for the more experienced whiskey drinker. Each batch has a different set of songs to aid the aging process. It probably doesn't matter, but it would be neat to sample all batches in one sitting.

Here's the actual how to from the distillery's website.

After the whiskeys have been combined in the black brandy
              casks for finishing, they’re jolted back to life by the unmistakable,
              earth-shattering music of Metallica. Using our proprietary
              sonic-enhancement system BLACK NOISE™, the whiskey
              is pummeled by sound, causing it to seep deeper into the barrel,
              where it picks up additional wood flavor characteristics.

Comment

• Metallica, baaad.

Anyone try Bendt No 5? Witherspoon was aight, figure I might try they're "new" whiskey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boujee McFuckNuttz View Post
                  Anyone try Bendt No 5?

Have not. But for Christmas I got a bottle of Jameson "Bow Street" 18 cask strength, and it's smooth as hell.

Comment

• I got a bottle of Kentucky Owl "Confiscated" for Christmas, I'll have to try.

Comment

• Bendt No 5 was good. A bit "sweet" but real easy to drink.

Comment

• Anyone ever had an oak barrel aged gin?
                        I'm in Helsinki and Amsterdam this week and a coworker asked me to grab her some bottles of this... wondering if I need to get some for myself also. Sounds intriguing.

Barrel aged gin Kyrö Koskue is the perfect union of rye, locally sourced botanicals and American white oak cask maturation. This unusual gin naturally also has a lot of whisky drinking fans. Koskue is aged in small American oak barrels for at least three months and fine-tuned with freshly distilled orange peel and black pepper that complement the vanilla from the barrel and the heat from the rye.

Koskue has won numerous international awards, most recently a Gold Medal from 2017 San Francisco World Spirit Competition and Outstanding Silver in IWSC 2017.

It’s perfect to be enjoyed neat, as an Old Fashioned or very short Gin & Tonic. For those who wonder: Koskue is a village and origin of river Kyrö.

Comment

• I picked up a few willet rye this year. Awesome rye. Also got three more Taylor single barrel.

Comment

Working...
                          X