Wiper blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper blades

Wtf are they so expensive? I mean some are $30+ ea!

agreed,
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

because people pay for it.

Comment

The ones that set you back 30 bucks in the store are typically about 10 bucks on rockauto. Since I have so many of the same truck I keep a bunch of spare parts on hand and like the Valeo premium beam wipers.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

In my experience, wiper blades rarely last much longer than a year no matter what quality I buy and the expensive ones don’t really do more than the cheap ones. I swap out mine yearly with the cheap Michelin ones and they work great. They’re like $6 a piece at Walmart

New is key, not quality imo
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            In my experience, wiper blades rarely last much longer than a year no matter what quality I buy and the expensive ones don’t really do more than the cheap ones. I swap out mine yearly with the cheap Michelin ones and they work great. They’re like $6 a piece at Walmart

New is key, not quality imo
            I was going to say the exact same thing.. I've tried a couple of the expensive ones over the years, and they still don't last more than about 12 months (here in Texas). That said, the last set of Duralast I bought for the van only lasted like 4 months.. :/
            Last edited by Chili; 11-25-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I got this surprise recently for my DD Honda also. WTF? $50 for 3 wipers! I'll plan further ahead next time and use RockAuto or Amazon.
              Last edited by Chili; 11-25-2019, 09:33 AM. Reason: Sorry, hit Edit instead of Quote!

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                I got this surprise recently for my DD Honda also. WTF? $50 for 3 wipers! I'll plan further ahead next time and use RockAuto or Amazon.
                Autozone and Walmart both usually have some under $10 a piece..

Comment

im guilty . i use the $ rainx blades. but i keep them clean . how many people actually clean the wiper blades during summer ? mine are 3 years old and still good .

Comment

Wax your windshields, savages!
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Thanks for the Rock Auto tip, it never occurred to me to look there. As to the waxing the windshield, I've used RainX for years and will continue, but it doesn't seem to affect the life of the blades. Once they cease to wipe clean on the first pass, I change em.

Comment

Just buy the refills. Everything’s a ripoff nowadays.

Comment

Buy the cheapest BEAM style wipers you can find

Clean the wiper every few months with an alcohol soaked cotton ball. This will keep them clean and wiping good for many months.

When all else fails and you still don't want to buy new ones then take a piece of fine grit sandpaper and rub up and down on the blade about 10 times. This can make them wipe like new again.

Comment

I hear ya on that. I went to Rock Auto to replace the OE Motorcraft wipers on my wife's MKC. I think I spent over $50 for the complete package i.e. (driver, passenger, hatch). It was cheaper than you would pay at Lincoln parts dept.

It's expensive for the same reason that men's Razors are so expensive. Because you need them.

Wipers don't last longer than a year in Texas. It's a good business to be in. I imagine they make bank.

Comment

I was able to get a pair of trico premium winter blades shipped for $22 where I couldn't have gotten one for that much locally. Thanks again for the Rock Auto tip, it saved me some beer money.

Comment

Working...
                              X