Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a cheap older system they need gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a cheap older system they need gone?

I'm looking to put together a cheap plex server. I don't need anything super fast, but a C2D system of some kind would probably work for me.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

You actually do need something with the HP to transcode.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      You actually do need something with the HP to transcode.
      do you have anything?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Man I wish, I'd pass on whatever hardware I had, but all I have atm is my current setup of a 3rd gen i7. I plan on building a Ryzen based box in the spring, so if you haven't acquired anything by then, I'll pass this cpu, mooo, ram and cooler on to ya then.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Man I wish, I'd pass on whatever hardware I had, but all I have atm is my current setup of a 3rd gen i7. I plan on building a Ryzen based box in the spring, so if you haven't acquired anything by then, I'll pass this cpu, mooo, ram and cooler on to ya then.
          That's fine with me, I'm just looking for something very simple. Probably won't have more than 3-4 clients at any time.

Comment

How cheap is cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedturd View Post
              how cheap is cheap?
              $200

Comment

I do a lot of E-waste for companies. I'll pillage the next shipment I get that doesn't require a COD. Usually get dell dual Xeon work stations.

Comment

Would an apple tower work?

Comment

Shit I don’t know what a C2D is, I was thinking of getting rid of my desktop that Brian built for me. I don’t use it and when I did it was just for music.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      Shit I don’t know what a C2D is, I was thinking of getting rid of my desktop that Brian built for me. I don’t use it and when I did it was just for music.
                      Core 2 Duo. I have a few systems that I'd let go dirt cheap, but the best is an Athlon 64 system, so likely not strong enough.

Comment

I've got an old c2d tower for cheap or a 4u rack mount dual quad xeon if you are looking for something like that.
                        2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                        1990 GT Convertible

Comment

I have a C2D E8400 (I think) in a Thermaltake mini ITX case. I'd have to verify the rest of the specs. I think it had a 500 clickity clack in it plus 4GB of memory, maybe 8.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                            I have a C2D E8400 (I think) in a Thermaltake mini case. I'd have to verify the rest of the specs. I think it had a 500 clickity clack in it plus 4GB of memory, maybe 8.
                            I'll give you $1 more than what ever CJ offers just so he can't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              I'll give you $1 more than what ever CJ offers just so he can't have it.
                              So dirty, I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X