What vpn service do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What vpn service do you use?

I’m doing a 7 day trial with ipvanish because it’s got pretty good reviews.
    "PSH!!!"

privateinternetaccess.com exclusively

Comment

privateinternetaccess.com, switzerland

Comment

privateinternetacess again. Its pretty cool. I use mexico server.

Netflix doesn't like it, but I hear they don't like any VPN.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          privateinternetacess again. Its pretty cool. I use mexico server.

Netflix doesn't like it, but I hear they don't like any VPN.
          Yea, it's a cat and mouse game with this. They are constantly blocking proxy IP addresses.

Comment

Are y'all using this for everyday surfing or when you need to do something that doesn't quite line up with the law?

I've used Tor browser on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              Are y'all using this for everyday surfing or when you need to do something that doesn't quite line up with the law?

I know some people use it to get out of country Netflix offerings (as mentioned by Gasser). But basically anyone wanting to disguise their true ip address for whatever reason (gets around perma bans and shit too, which are typically based on ip address).

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                Yea, it's a cat and mouse game with this. They are constantly blocking proxy IP addresses.
                For me it just says "Oops an error occured" when I try to use netflix. And won't play anything. Simply right clicking the little VPN logo and hitting "Disconnect" solves the problem though. Then reconnect after I'm done with netflix.

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post

I don't know if its a good substitute for Tor if you want to use the deep web. But its good for lots of stuff imho. Helps with spying... generally keeps people out of your business. That's how it helps the people who are pirating. The ISP's don't give a rip if someone pirates, but there are basically lawyer troll companies that sit there and monitor the big routers in your area. Those route all the internet traffic for say... a city block. All the lawyer-trolls have to do is watch that router, and it will tell them exactly what IP is going where, and how much they're downloading. If you've got a decent VPN, they're out of luck.
                WH

Comment

Working...
                X