Daily beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily beater

This time I made sure to get something I like that I cant modify at all. Nobody makes stereo kits, engine management software, exhaust, or anything to modify the car. I went nuts with the Vette so its useless as a daily unless I just want to eliminate my hearing. I like my truck but get sick of driving a truck all the time.
    Since we work on Audis and I have all the tools I figured I would get one of their more reliable ones. Found a one owner car with a 2" stack of service history. Last year all the common A8L stuff was done like coils, plugs, shocks, control arms, heater valve, half shafts and brakes. So its a solid car and was DIRT cheap.
    All I did was tint it, some better fog light bulbs and I may find some OEM 20" wheels as I hate the 18s it has. Car should have a solid 70k in it before needing anything costly.

Its the first Black Cherry Pearl one I have ever seen. Did a full scan and only found one speaker to be faulty (it was left unplugged when window regulator was done) and that was it. Under the car there isnt a single leak and everything looks new and is tight. Car was a great buy.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Looks like a nice car, but didn't the last Audi you had wind up giving you all kinds of shit? No judgement, I've gotten my ass kicked by every single Corvette I've ever owned, yet I still look for them.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Looks like a nice car, but didn't the last Audi you had wind up giving you all kinds of shit? No judgement, I've gotten my ass kicked by every single Corvette I've ever owned, yet I still look for them.
      Yeah it did. It was an RS6 though. The problem with that car was letting North Audi service it.
      But beyond that the trans was weak (this has a stronger trans and makes less power), timing belt was every 30K (this one has a chain), axle shafts were an issue (non-issue on the A8) and just various issues.

The A8s have their issues but all are minor and all have been addressed within the last 8000 miles.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Nice car! Define DIRT cheap?

Comment

Yeah, those wheels gotta go but otherwise it's not terrible looking
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Nice ride!!!
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Jason Statham approves!
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Peepaw pimp'n!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Nice car! Define DIRT cheap?
                  Thank you. Under $8000. I saw 4 others and all were $5000-$6800 more and not nearly as nice.
                  Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                  Yeah, those wheels gotta go but otherwise it's not terrible looking
                  I agree. I am looking at these or the aftermarket ones which will come with Audi caps....and are less money than the used twin five spokes:

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                  Nice ride!!!
                  Thank you sir!
                  Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  Jason Statham approves!
                  Yes he does! LMAO!

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  Peepaw pimp'n!
                  Get off my lawn ya damn kids!!!

Comment

LOL, love the tags!

Comment

I’d rather daily the vette

Comment

you got married and you bought another audi. you are the most optimistic motherfucker ever.

bro it looks good though. looks real good.

Comment

should've went with a phaeton

Comment

I would love to use the Vette as a daily but its too obnoxious to drive daily. The Phaeton has too many issues specific to that car.

Comment

Under $8K and with the maintenance done.Damn! Always loved the 8L's. Don't know why but it's one of my favorite Audi's. Never seen one in person but I have also always loved the W12 that Audi threw in a few of them (including the Patheon).

Comment

Working...
                              X