Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Chuck Schumer thinks Trump's tariffs on China are a good thing

Schumer: Trump Is ‘Exactly Right’ On Proposed China Tariffs

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer heaped praise on President Trump Thursday for proposing $60 billion in China-specific new tariffs.

“I don’t agree with President Trump on a whole lot, but today I want to give him a big pat on the back,” Schumer said in a speech on the Senate floor. “He is doing the right thing when it comes to China.”

“Unfortunately, previous presidents, Democrat and Republican, just stood by as China did what it did to us. President Trump is exactly right,” he continued. “I have called for such action for years and been disappointed by the inactions of both President Bush and Obama. I’m very pleased that this administration is taking strong action to get a better deal on China.”

Schumer had openly opposed Trump’s tariffs on steel and aluminum on the grounds that they didn’t penalize China specifically.

“The president’s instincts to go after China are correct, but the policy he proposes doesn’t fit the bill,” he said in early March. “It’s not well-targeted. It’s not precise. And as a result, it could cause a mess of collateral damage that hurts America more than it helps.”

On Tuesday, the White House announced Trump’s plan to enact the new measures.

The tariffs will be applied to more than 100 products the president argues were developed through Chinese theft of intellectual property and financial takeovers.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer heaped praise on President Trump Thursday for proposing $60 billion in China-specific new tariffs.
    Last edited by Strychnine; 03-22-2018, 09:02 PM.

Amyone who has taken an economics course knows tariffs are BS UNDER AN EQUAL SITUATION. Why can't anyone see that Trump is trying to fix a huge problem by using tarrifs as a temporary tool? I'm sure he does not want tariffs, he wants fair trade. Trump is 10 steps ahead, people. Relax.
    China set to impose tariffs on 128 products totalling $3B in exports from U.S. Big whoop. They import $172B.
    F crying Chuck.
    Last edited by EW; 03-23-2018, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      UNDER AN EQUAL SITUATION
      We ain't never gonna see that though.
      WH

Comment

Trump has done some good things, and today he went and totally fucked us in the ass.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Just learned that Congress cannot force Trump's Treasury Department to spend appropriations in a "spending bill". Unlike a Federal budget, appropriations are just suggestions that Congress have no control over how the money is actually spent. I ran across this article that seems to be hinting at the same thing...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cap/324620002/

I'm going to wait a few weeks to see how this plays out. Imagine taking funding for sanctuary cities to build the wall...

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking back at how Trump handled DACA and the push for gun contol, I will be very surprised if he just rolls over on the spending bill. Now the Democrats are taunting him on the bill, I'm still hopeful that he is going to make Congress regret passing this spending bill.

Comment

trump has taken DACA away from the dems now. he will push through to take care of them and fund the wall. at first i was pissed he signed this bill but in reality he just got handed the checkbook .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                    trump has taken DACA away from the dems now. he will push through to take care of them and fund the wall. at first i was pissed he signed this bill but in reality he just got handed the checkbook .
                    Looks like he is going to be writing checks pretty soon...

Breaking news and edgy analysis on politics, business, US and World news, entertainment, President Trump news, open commenting-low moderation, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by txminime View Post
                      Looks like he is going to be writing checks pretty soon...

https://www.spartareport.com/2018/03...nibus-signing/
                      I wonder if the wall building will be low-key or a big deal, press all over it.

Comment

Hopefully low key. Then he can invite CNN and the rest of the press corpse to the inauguration of his crowning achievement. They can watch him bust a wine bottle on it, and cut red tape and stuff. All while he looks them dead in the eye and gives them that grin.
                        WH

Comment

he should put the sea-bees and construction battalions on the border. there is nothing those boys cant do . part of the military budget if he does chuckies head will explode .

Comment

Again the other side blinks first. He knows his shit have to give him credit for standing up.

China's government said Monday it is open to negotiating with Washington amid a spiraling tariff dispute following a news report American officials have submitted a list of market-opening requests.

Comment

See?
                              Don't panic. Just wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X