Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiborne skipping practice

Not a 'Boys fan, but found this interesting

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne left the team's practice facility angry after being told he'd lost his starting spot, per Jean-Jacques Taylor of ESPN.

Claiborne reportedly skipped practice upon hearing the news, which came just hours after team owner Jerry Jones criticized him in an interview with 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM].

"We're not giving up on him at all," said Jones. "Is he what we had hoped for at this point when we drafted him with the sixth pick, gave up a pick to go up to the sixth pick to get him? No. But he's going to be a good player."

Now that Orlando Scandrick is back with the team after serving two games of a suspension, he's expected to take over Claiborne's starting role. Taylor also notes that the team could fine Claiborne for leaving.

Claiborne has yet to make good on the investment the team made in him when selecting him at No. 6 overall in the 2012 NFL Draft. The Cowboys defense has ranked near the bottom of the league over the last couple of years, giving up the third-most passing yards in the NFL in 2013. That's not all on Claiborne, considering expensive free agent signing Brandon Carr has also disappointed.

Claiborne has three interceptions in 24 career starts for the Cowboys.

Play better and you'll get playing time. I heard on the radio that Sterling Moore may be getting in the rotation to replace Mo Claiborne if he wasn't doing good in the next game.
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Sometimes you need a wake up call. His just happens to be 3 years too late

Comment

Man that is good news...Yeah he got the INT but he got burned like 3 times in last game
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Bye, Felicia!

I was high on Claiborne when he came in to the league, but he's proven time and time again that he isn't the same player he was at LSU. It's pretty bad when Scandrick can outplay you. Scandrick has gotten better, but not elite, and I said multiple times that Jerry was an idiot for extending his contract. I'd like to see more of Sterling Moore as well. He seems like he's got something. Might as well give him a shot. That game ending pick by Claiborne last weekend only happened because he was out of position.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Bye, Felicia!

I was high on Claiborne when he came in to the league, but he's proven time and time again that he isn't the same player he was at LSU. It's pretty bad when Scandrick can outplay you. Scandrick has gotten better, but not elite, and I said multiple times that Jerry was an idiot for extending his contract. I'd like to see more of Sterling Moore as well. He seems like he's got something. Might as well give him a shot. That game ending pick by Claiborne last weekend only happened because he was out of position.
            Yup. he was behind the receiver and the QB over threw his receiver.

I guess we should be thankful he actually caught it.

Comment

That's too bad he can't take his benching like a man. No one likes to be replaced, but in this game if you don't perform you get benched or cut. He's lucky he didn't get cut. And I said it in another thread, we don't need OS since we have Moore. OS has had his share of missed tackles and being burned too last year. I don't think he is better than ClayBo, but I guess time will tell...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

If anyone needed practice...

Comment

In the words of AI "I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not ... Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? ... And we talking about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And i'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man."

Comment

He's out for the year. with a torn patella tendon. He may not have lived up to his draft pick, but he was a solid player for us. Everyone gets burned every now and then, OS has been burned and out of position many times the last couple of years. I believe it has to do more with the defensive schemes but he will be missed.
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      He's out for the year. with a torn patella tendon. He may not have lived up to his draft pick, but he was a solid player for us. Everyone gets burned every now and then, OS has been burned and out of position many times the last couple of years. I believe it has to do more with the defensive schemes but he will be missed.
                      At this point I disagree. I am happy that Moore finally has a shot to see what he has. he has been playing much better than Claiborne this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                        At this point I disagree. I am happy that Moore finally has a shot to see what he has. he has been playing much better than Claiborne this year.
                        Oh I agree, Moore has been playing lights out for as little playing time as he is getting. Will he be better than ClayBo, it sure does seem like it. My response was more with Scandrick. I remember him getting burned more than a few times the last couple of years. Again I believe that it has to do more with the defensive schemes that they have been thrown at them.

Comment

The average or even above average CB's still get burned from time to time. Its just the nature of the beast when you can't really touch or impede the receiver in any way. But Claiborne had a propensity at getting burned when he was on the field. They just have to move on and play again after they get beat.

Comment

I wasn't aware the patella tendon was inside of the vagina

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              I wasn't aware the patella tendon was inside of the vagina
                              In his case, it is...

Comment

Working...
                              X