Good Shop for Driveshafts in DFW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Shop for Driveshafts in DFW?

Looking for possibly a one-piece shaft for my `05 F250 4x4. Currently have a two-piece. Just lifted the truck 6 inches, love it, but I have a little bit of vibration at low speed from a stop. I've already got a fully adjustable carrier bearing drop bracket, and it helped, but not enough. It may just need some more adjustments or shims at the axle, or a better two-piece setup, but I figure a shop that specializes in driveshafts can get me fixed up in one stop, regardless.

TIA!

Drive Shaft King off 30. I don't know if they are still there though.

Comment

Drive Train of Mesquite
      1228 W Scyene Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149
      (972) 285-5179

They build all of mine and do a lot for the custom 4x4 shops around Dallas.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Stan Hopkins gets my recommendation. Fast and consistent quality. Sheeny is the man.

Comment

Another vote for Drive Shaft King. They built mine, no problems.

Comment

There's a place on hwy 10 @ precinct that does that shit, but i dont think you're in the area anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Drive Shaft King off 30. I don't know if they are still there though.
              Still there. They used to do great work, but I haven't needed that sort of thing in over 10 years.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Still there. They used to do great work, but I haven't needed that sort of thing in over 10 years.
                They had to move out of the building they were in for the last century, now they are down the street a bit.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  Drive Train of Mesquite
                  1228 W Scyene Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149
                  (972) 285-5179

They build all of mine and do a lot for the custom 4x4 shops around Dallas.
                  Did my 2500, perfect. I've used Hopkins as well to build a custom shaft for a hot rod. Both good calls

Comment

Fort worth gear and axle has shortened the driveshaft in the bu three times
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Inland truck parts....they do driveshafts for 18 wheelers but I have had them do a few

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        Inland truck parts....they do driveshafts for 18 wheelers but I have had them do a few
                        They rebuilt the one from my Bronco. Came out looking brand new for a great price.

Comment

I have used Drivetrain of Mesquite on a few different projects and had nothing but good luck out of them.
                          Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

Comment

Working...
                          X